[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DorgoDorato

It was a good run Argain, but I understand the work-stoppage. Can't wait to see your return upon initial release though!

KKobayashi

Quote from: Argain on August 17, 2014, 08:19:39 AM
If something like this hasn't been implemented by the time the game is 'finished' and released, then I'll come back and re-create this mod for the game. It's a real pain to keep updating this for every new alpha... and [code-wise] I should have utilized the existing Pawn structure from the start instead of implementing my own Colonist objects. Next time around, I'll re-write the mod from scratch and drastically simplify the structure of it. If anyone wishes to update this themselves, they're welcome to do so, but I won't be touching it again until the game is released.
Thanks for the good run!! I can't wait to see more of your work x:

Somz

Quote from: Argain on August 15, 2014, 01:29:35 AM
Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be able to update this to Alpha 6 :( Been trying all day with no success... the generation of the colonists is just too hard-coded now.

Well...f**k. One of my favorite, can't-live-without-it mods and it is now out of order.
Sad day for us all...
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Bryfus

Someone knows when version for Alpha 6 will be up? ;__;

Gabriel_Braun

Bryfus

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on August 22, 2014, 04:58:52 AM
Quote from: Bryfus on August 22, 2014, 04:25:17 AM
Someone knows when version for Alpha 6 will be up? ;__;

What do u mean? Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c is not compatibile compatible with Alpha 6.
Btw. In my opinion your photo is too big.

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: Bryfus on August 22, 2014, 09:34:19 AM

What do u mean? Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c is not compatibile compatible with Alpha 6.
Btw. In my opinion your photo is too big.

It's never going to be;  didn't you read the previous pages?

Sorry guys, but it looks like I won't be able to update this to Alpha 6 :( Been trying all day with no success... the generation of the colonists is just too hard-coded now.

As for the photo, might be my resolution, I didn't seem big to me

Bryfus

It's never going to be;  didn't you read the previous pages?

As for the photo, might be my resolution, I didn't seem big to me
[/quote]

I did not know that the author has ceased to work in one of the 20 pages of posts. Who normal person could read all pages for once post?  Oh...nevermind.
Thank you for answer you good man.

Gabriel_Braun

Sorry if you took offence at that dude, it was only one page back and offence wasn't my intent

RawCode

QuoteWho normal person could read all pages for once post?
Being stupid is not normal on forums dedicated to development.

Nice sample of "who normal person could read sticky threads (there are 4 threads total less then single page each)"
https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/running-into-a-ambigous-gethealth-prolblem-is-there-a-fix.299984/

Ryukotsei

Quote from: Argain on August 17, 2014, 08:19:39 AM
If something like this hasn't been implemented by the time the game is 'finished' and released, then I'll come back and re-create this mod for the game. It's a real pain to keep updating this for every new alpha... and [code-wise] I should have utilized the existing Pawn structure from the start instead of implementing my own Colonist objects. Next time around, I'll re-write the mod from scratch and drastically simplify the structure of it. If anyone wishes to update this themselves, they're welcome to do so, but I won't be touching it again until the game is released.

Noooo, I just got the Alpha and came looking for this exact mod. T_T

Iwillbenicetou

Hey, I thought of a way to recreate this mod! It will be very hard though, but you can get it! just dev cheat a bunch of colonists in, then kill the ones you don't want ;D
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

DorgoDorato

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 24, 2014, 05:36:59 PM
Hey, I thought of a way to recreate this mod! It will be very hard though, but you can get it! just dev cheat a bunch of colonists in, then kill the ones you don't want ;D
I've degraded to creating colonists with the genders and ages I want, then use A6 Save Editor to craft the colonists as I please.

RemingtonRyder

I've kind of just learned to roll with the random.  Well, up to a certain point.  It's annoying having the childhood bonuses clash with the adulthood.

PilotBhav04

won't letme go onto link to download shows up with error