[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P_anders

Quote from: Argain

"This mod opens an additional colonist creation menu upon map generation (after the crash landing message)" <-- as JorDash pointed out
Hi there
i try start a new colony in the A 5 now. but the Mod is not working. i was getting the 3 colonists from the original colonist creator, not from the mod. there was no window for choosing how many colonists after the crash message ... also no 2. Creation window for create my costum colonists ... the mod is activated in the modmenu but the game act like the mod is not there.

Argain

Changes from v1.1 -> v1.2:
- Hopefully fixed everything being translated properly into other languages

Quote from: xyz100 on July 07, 2014, 12:24:14 AM
thanks for good mod!
but it doesn't work in some languages.

i tested this and that.
i thought, languages which have 'DefInjected' or 'DefLinked' folder like pt-PT, fr-FR, nl-NL...don't work this mod.
but languages which have only 'Keyed' folder work perfectly.

can you fix this?
(sorry for poor english)

I think I had misinterpreted what you said earlier as simply a translation issue (hence this update). Reading it again... it sounds like a file-reading/writing issue, which I haven't the faintest clue how to fix. Sorry :(

Argain

Quote from: P_anders on July 07, 2014, 07:54:01 PM
Hi there
i try start a new colony in the A 5 now. but the Mod is not working. i was getting the 3 colonists from the original colonist creator, not from the mod. there was no window for choosing how many colonists after the crash message ... also no 2. Creation window for create my costum colonists ... the mod is activated in the modmenu but the game act like the mod is not there.

Is your native environment in English?

P_anders

The game is running in english ... i'm not ^^

Argain

After studying how 'DefInjected' and 'Keyed' folder structures work from this thread, and xzy100's note of the mod not working with languages that utilize DefInjected translations, here is the list of languages that this mod should work in:
- English
- Spanish
- Italian
- Japanese

Unfortunately, I have no way of fixing this as it's dependent on the translation projects outside this mod.

P_anders

ahhh wait ... it's working now ^^

i did two things ... i turn language in german and then back in english ... then i deactiveted the mod and actiovated it again ... now it's seems to work

i think, deactiveting und reactivating was what i needed ^^

Argain

Quote from: P_anders on July 07, 2014, 08:13:00 PM
ahhh wait ... it's working now ^^

i did two things ... i turn language in german and then back in english ... then i deactiveted the mod and actiovated it again ... now it's seems to work

i think, deactiveting und reactivating was what i needed ^^

lol good to know... hope that possibly helps anyone else experiencing issues running the mod in other supported languages

DorgoDorato

2¢: The mod has perfectly worked for my English build in multiple map sizes with a lot of non-map modifying mods active.

Related topic, is there a list of all the backstories available so you can breeze through selection/gender issue?

P_anders

ok now there is anouther issue ... it's seems there is a little conflict between the colonist creation mod and the fighting chance mod from punisher007. with his mod i had the same problem. the mod is activeted but the game doesn't use the mod.

i start a new colony ... pass the new colonist creation from your mod here ... and look at the weapons i get. there should be for 3 guys a dragunov and 2 Glock 18 because of the fighting chance mod. but its the default --> Lee-enflied and Glock 19.
I tryed the same thing like the colonist creation mod --> turn off and turn back on. by starting a new colony i see that the game now use the fighting chance mod but not the colonist creation mod. -.-  it's seems i have to choose for one of them

AstronauticalFerret

Quote from: P_anders on July 07, 2014, 08:50:37 PM
ok now there is anouther issue ... it's seems there is a little conflict between the colonist creation mod and the fighting chance mod from punisher007. with his mod i had the same problem. the mod is activeted but the game doesn't use the mod.

i start a new colony ... pass the new colonist creation from your mod here ... and look at the weapons i get. there should be for 3 guys a dragunov and 2 Glock 18 because of the fighting chance mod. but its the default --> Lee-enflied and Glock 19.
I tryed the same thing like the colonist creation mod --> turn off and turn back on. by starting a new colony i see that the game now use the fighting chance mod but not the colonist creation mod. -.-  it's seems i have to choose for one of them

I used both and ran int othe same problem. I found an easy fix however. Have a weapon mod like Evul's Project Armory, and then do this

Go into C:\Users\Samuel\Desktop\RimWorld\Mods\ProjectArmory211\Defs\ThingDefs

Open up a gun XML file with Notepad++ or whatever it is you use

Find this

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseGun">
      <defName>Gun_AK47_wea</defName>
      <label>AK-47</label>
      <description> The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is officially known as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: Автомат Калашникова).</description>
      <texturePath>Things/Item/PAEquipment/Gun_AK47</texturePath>

You want to copy the  Gun_AK47_wea  and the go into

C:\Users\Samuel\Desktop\RimWorld\Mods\Colonist Creation Mod\Defs\MapGeneratorDefs

Open up the MXL file and then go to the very bottom to find

<!-- Hardcoded, the colonists themselves and their equipment -->
      <li Class="ColonistCreationMod.Genstep_ColonistCreationMod">
        <startingItems>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_Pistol</thingDef>
          </li>
          <li>
            <thingDef>Gun_BarrettM107_wea</thingDef>
          </li>
        </startingItems>
      </li>

and then replace either lines with the Gun_AK47_wea or whatever gun of your choice.

You can also rename weapons <label>Nut Buster Of Death</label> and edit the description <description> Busts nuts like no other. </description> in the weapon XML file itself, just m

Argain

Quote from: DorgoDorato on July 07, 2014, 08:36:17 PM
Related topic, is there a list of all the backstories available so you can breeze through selection/gender issue?

The issue lays with three variables within each Backstory: bodyTypeGlobal, bodyTypeMale and bodyTypeFemale. Each of these variables can be any BodyType (Undefined, Male, Female, Thin, Hulk, or Fat). Some Backstories have "Undefined" for all three variables, in which case they are defaulted to a BodyType of "Male" as can be seen here:

//Set BodyType
if (colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeGlobal.ToString() != "Undefined")
{
    colonist.BodyType = colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeGlobal;
}
else
{
    if (colonist.Gender == 1 && colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeMale.ToString() != "Undefined")
    {
        colonist.BodyType = colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeMale;
    }
    else if (colonist.Gender == 1 && colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeMale.ToString() == "Undefined")
    {
        colonist.BodyType = BodyType.Male;
    }

if (colonist.Gender == 2 && colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeFemale.ToString() != "Undefined")
    {
        colonist.BodyType = colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeFemale;
    }
    else if (colonist.Gender == 2 && colonist.Backstory[1].BodyTypeFemale.ToString() == "Undefined")
    {
        colonist.BodyType = BodyType.Male;
    }
}

What this means is that some Backstories can be "Genderless", while others can have various mixes. No Backstory is specifically "Male" or "Female" to make it easy for selection... and there's over 200 of them. I was able to shorten the list by a few from simply not including the ones that have similar names to existing Backstories (with slightly varying modifers), but unfortunately there's no easy way of sorting through them. The graphics rendering in the Core Code checks these variables within the Backstory to determine the BodyType for display, so once the Backstory is passed from my temporary Colonists to Ty's Pawns then the Core takes over. The code that I'm using above is virtually identical to what's in the Core. Unfortunately, even if I was to implement a feature for specifically selecting whatever BodyType, once the Colonists were converted to Pawns then the Core would take over and change their bodies back to whatever the Backstories saw fit.

Edit: If you really want a list of all the backstories, here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1vk9gevpmwk413/Backstories.txt
Edit2: It's rather impressive that Ty was able to think up ~216 different backstory names lol props to you, dude.

P_anders

yeah it's working! awesome! thank you so much  ;D
now using mp5 and m 24 at the start *muhahaha*

Olek

This is perfect, been meaning to ask the boss for something like this for a while, really gets old clicking "Random" over and over again until you get what you want, thanks heaps :)

JorDash

Are the weapons you start with randomized for each new game? The first game I started with 4 colonists and got 3 enfields and 1 pistol. Exported those colonists. Imported them for the second game and got 3 pistols and 1 enfiled.

Argain

Quote from: JorDash on July 08, 2014, 02:14:30 PM
Are the weapons you start with randomized for each new game? The first game I started with 4 colonists and got 3 enfields and 1 pistol. Exported those colonists. Imported them for the second game and got 3 pistols and 1 enfiled.

Yep, it's a random choice between the pistol or enfield for each colonist when starting a new game.