[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Description:
This mod opens an additional colonist creation menu upon map generation (after the crash landing message) that allows the ability to choose how many colonists you start with, their names, gender, age, starting graphics, backstories, traits, skills, passions, and starting equipped weapon. You can also export a set of colonists to import later.

Author:
Argain

Credits:
Joretap0

Features:
- Choosing how many colonists to start with
- Choosing each colonist's name, gender and age
- Choosing the starting Backstories and Traits
- Distributing Skill Points for each colonist (Skills are capped at 15)
- Choosing 1 Major Passion and 2 Minor Passions
- Choosing a weapon to start equipped with
- Setting the starting graphics for each colonist
- Exporting/Importing a set of colonists

Installation:
- Extract the .zip file into the Mods folder, so the folder structure appears as: Mods/Colonist Creation Mod/
- If updating to a newer version, delete the previous version first

Notes:
- This mod is not compatible with mods that alter the map generation.
- This mod will not function correctly with Developer Mode turned on

- If you would like this mod to be translated into your language, pm me with the required language xml file attached (can use the Chinese.xml file as a reference when creating a new one for your language)
- Everyone is free to include this mod in any modpack. I require no credit or notification to use any part of this in other works. You're free to do with it what you please.

Version Log:

v2.3c:
- Fixed a bunch of the work restrictions not being interpreted correctly to disable skills
- Hopefully improved the accuracy of matching the imported Adultstories with the indexes that were exported

v2.3b:
- Made the Hairs with the 'MaleUsually' and 'FemaleUsually' variable be available for both genders

v2.3a:
- Added some exemption lists to the BaseMapGenerators.xml file for use in the All In One Mod Pack
- Added a true/false option called 'choice' in the BaseMapGenerators.xml, which when set to true will enable the "Use the Colonist Creation Mod?" popup for use in the All In One Mod Pack (it's false by default)

v2.3:
- Added support for other languages
- Added a 'Translations' folder, which holds the xml files referenced for translations

v2.2b:
- Added a button prior to the enhanced creation menu, which asks whether to use the Colonist Creation Mod or not (for those using the mod in the All In One Mod Pack that wish to use the original colonists)

v2.2a:
- Fixed being able to import groups of colonists larger than the selected colonist amount

v2.2:
- Added a difficulty selection screen, before choosing the colonist amount, with choices of:
    - Easy (3-5 colonists w/ 40 skill points to distribute + backstory bonuses)
    - Normal (2-4 colonists w/ 20 skill points to distribute + backstory bonuses)
    - Hard (1-3 colonists relying only on backstory bonuses)
    - Insane (1 colonist relying only on backstory bonuses)
- Made the skill points reset upon changing the backstory (in the default version of the mod)

v2.1:
- Added a true/false option in the BaseMapGenerators.xml to enable the creation menu to be matched to the pawns generated in the background and not simply base templates (false by default)
- Re-added the whole list of Traits to choose from

v2.0:
- Fixed the traits getting scrambled after saving a game and reloading it

v1.9:
- Changed the Skin Color selection from a set of color sliders to a named selection with left/right buttons (should fix the bugs resulting from 'unrecognized' skin colors)

v1.8d:
- Removed the Incendiary Mortar and Explosive Mortar from the list of starting weapons to choose from, since a colonist cannot actually fire one anyways :P

v1.8c:
- Fixed a bug with the Hair Tags causing the exports to fail

v1.8b:
- Fixed a bug with the hair not resetting after the gender has been changed

v1.8a:
- Changed 'Gun' to 'Weapon', since not all the weapons are guns
- Fixed the starting weapons not being individual per colonist

v1.8:
- Fixed an import bug with the Adulthood Backstory
- Added the ability to choose a weapon that the colonist will start equipped with (should detect weapons from other mods)
- Removed weapons spawning on the map
- Not compatible with previous versions

v1.7:
- Fixed the traits being able to be identical (and freezing the game)
- Changed the 'Change Skin' button to 'Change Body'
- Made the Body shape selectable on the 'Change Body' menu!
- Not compatible with previous versions

v1.6:
- Made only the traits with effects show in the lists
- Made the two selected traits no longer able to be identical
- Fixed the Clothing/Hair lists so they can include stuff added in from other mods
- Incorporated the more cross-platform 'GeneralImportFix'

v1.5d:
- Fixed the imports for Linux
- Hopefully fixed the imports for Mac (untested)

v1.5c:
- Fixed the weird game save bug that was causing rainbow colors and breaking stuff

v1.5b:
- Fixed the Backstory Index bug
- Made the hairs available dependent on gender

v1.5a:
- Re-added the Power Armor

v1.5:
- Fixed the head disappearing when changing gender to female
- Hopefully fixed the skills importing correctly (will require a new set of colonists exported)
- Fixed the disabled skills due to Backstories (some were not being interpreted correctly due to wording)
- Changed the skill cap to 15, so the Skill Passions seem less pointless
- Exports from previous versions will not import correctly with this

v1.4:
- Fixed the childhood/adulthood stories showing up in the wrong lists (should drastically reduce the amount in each list) and ordered both lists alphabetically
- Made the traits selectable and ordered those alphabetically as well
- Added a menu for changing the skin color
- Updated the 'Change Hair' menu to a 'Change Head' menu and included controls to change the face
- Fixed the gender not importing properly
- Added a preview of the colonist on the main creation menu

v1.3:
- Redesigned the 'Change Clothing' menu
- Redesigned the 'Change Hair' menu
- Fixed all the graphics exporting/importing bugs
- Completely overhauled all of the code dealing with apparel (including the xml reading/writing)

v1.2:
- Hopefully fixed everything being translated properly into other languages

v1.1:
- Fixed the 'de-register' bug that was causing stuff not to spawn

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

lordhjalti

you just made my day, thank you so much <3

Dragoon

I cant get them to spawn I tired with 3 and 4 colonist but when I click continue nothing happens.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

decomg

Argain

Changes from v1.0 -> v1.1:
- Fixed the 'de-register' bug that was causing stuff not to spawn

Argain

Quote from: Dragoon on July 06, 2014, 08:13:01 PM
I cant get them to spawn I tired with 3 and 4 colonist but when I click continue nothing happens.

Should work now in v1.1

AstronauticalFerret

I've tried to spawn several new games ranging from 1-5 colonists with different skills, styles, cloths, and the like and no matter what after creation the drop pods will not fall to spawn them.  This is with the V1.0 and also the v1.1 that I'm testing out now as well with no luck. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. It's the only mod in my Mods folder so it's not crossed with anything, and I didn't touch any files so I don't know. If I find something I'll let you know!

Argain

Drop pods don't fall with my mod enabled... the colonists will simply be there, along with 1 pistol or rifle per colonist.

DorgoDorato

AstronauticalFerret

They don't show up. I wait for about 30 seconds up to one minute before trying another new colony.  Let me rephrase this instead of drop podding. They don't Spawn on my end anywhere on the map. I give commands to ghosts and they still don't pop up.  I'm pretty sure if the colonists spawned I'd be playing right now lol. The pistols and rifles also don't show up, the only things that spawn are starting minerals and the MRE's.

Sunete

I put this file in my mod location, made a new colony and nothing is happening. I'm currently using A5. I even have this checked and I currently have no other mods enabled but the "core" one. I even waited a few days and it still won't popup. :(

Edit: It would appear, I am a derp. There's a sub folder within the mod folder that you have to pull out and that's the actual mod. @_@

AstronauticalFerret

Sunete, can you point out which file and folder? All I got is

C:\Users\Samuel\Desktop\RimWorld\Mods\Colonist Creation Mod

About-->
The about file

Assemblies-->
ColonistsCreationMod.dll

Defs--> MapGenoratorDefs -->
BaseMapGenerators MXL

Source-->
All the .cs files.

I can't seem to figure out how to get this working. :/

Avis

I'm pretty sure i posted in this thread earlier today. Just to be safe i'm going to stop drinking the tap water.   ???

My previous post complained about the mod not working, and all the letters being accented. I re-downloaded and turned off dev mode and now things work! :D
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

AstronauticalFerret

Quote from: Avsnoopy on July 06, 2014, 10:59:06 PM
I'm pretty sure i posted in this thread earlier today. Just to be safe i'm going to stop drinking the tap water.   ???

My previous post complained about the mod not working, and all the letters being accented. I re-downloaded and turned off dev mode and now things work! :D

I re-downloaded the game just now and plugged the mod in. It works. Thanks for the tip off!

Maybe even with dev mode off, if you've ever had it on in the past it messes with a file that bugs the mod? Either way, won't be using Dev mode for a while xD.

Argain

Quote from: AstronauticalFerret on July 06, 2014, 11:04:59 PM
I re-downloaded the game just now and plugged the mod in. It works. Thanks for the tip off!

Maybe even with dev mode off, if you've ever had it on in the past it messes with a file that bugs the mod? Either way, won't be using Dev mode for a while xD.

Quote from: Avsnoopy on July 06, 2014, 10:59:06 PM

Glad you guys were able to figure out the issues you were having :) hope you enjoy the mod!
In case others run into the same issues, I updated the post with an "Installation" section.