[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliotmartinlew

Quote from: Argain on July 20, 2014, 01:52:43 AM
Where there's a will, there's a way ;) See if this other fix works for ya lol (attached to this post)

Promising! There is still the same error, but it is using the correct file path. The error says;
Could not find file "/Users/Elliot\Library\Caches\unity.Lodeon Studios.RimWorld\CharSaves\People Are Cool.col".
I suspect that all the slashes need to be "/", and for the space in "unity.Lodeon Studios.RimWorld" needs to be "\ ". This will be good if we can make it platform friendly! :)

Argain

Hmm, well here's the code that MacFix2 was using:

else if (OS == Platform.Mac)
{
    path = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal);
    path += "/Library/Caches/unity.Ludeon Studios.RimWorld/CharSaves/" + groupName + ".col";
}

As you can see, most of the slashes were already "/"... not sure why they're switching direction at runtime lol

Edit: think it might need to be

@"/Library/Caches/unity.Ludeon Studios.RimWorld/CharSaves/"

to make it not 'interpret' anything within the string... so hopefully this fix will make the slashes point in the right direction...

Edit2: Managed to find my old code from the Alpha 4F version that was using more relative file pathing, so this 'GeneralImportFix' might work best.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

nacker1776

General fix worked with Linux mint 17. Thanks.

BetaSpectre

Runner trait seems to be missing I guess it actually affected gameplay?

Still it'd be nice to have xD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Argain

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 21, 2014, 02:01:57 AM
Runner trait seems to be missing I guess it actually affected gameplay?

Still it'd be nice to have xD

It's not missing.

Argain

Would you guys like to have only the traits that -do- something displayed?

mrofa

No mate do all traits since when they will be added, you wont need to rewrite that selection :)
All i do is clutter all around.

Argain

Quote from: mrofa on July 21, 2014, 06:26:56 AM
No mate do all traits since when they will be added, you wont need to rewrite that selection :)

Just used TraitEffect.Undefined and TraitEffect.NoEffect to filter out the ones that don't do anything, yet... so when they receive effects in the future, they'll show up in the lists.

Argain

Since this mod seems to be working alright on Alpha 5D, just gonna say it's unofficially 'updated' as of now lol

Argain

Achieved the theoretically impossible and made the Body shape selectable... but it comes with a price: in order to guarantee that the colonist starts with the chosen Body, I had to populate the Adult Backstory list with only the backstories that would result in the chosen Body.

DorgoDorato

When I asked for a list of traits and their bonuses/negatives, what I meant was Backstory. I keep calling them traits because it seems more relevant for skill boosts.

Also, what files should I modify to make the All in One Mod Pack v1.2 have your updated 1.7 files?

Argain

Quote from: DorgoDorato on July 23, 2014, 01:16:56 AM
When I asked for a list of traits and their bonuses/negatives, what I meant was Backstory. I keep calling them traits because it seems more relevant for skill boosts.

Here's the Backstories: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1vk9gevpmwk413/Backstories.txt

Quote from: DorgoDorato on July 23, 2014, 01:16:56 AM
Also, what files should I modify to make the All in One Mod Pack v1.2 have your updated 1.7 files?

In the Assemblies folder, you'll want to replace the ColonistCreationMod.dll.

Somz

I have a weird bug that basically for no reason but annoys me:
Sometimes changing the character's face to pointy isn't working, changes it back to average and sometimes spawns the pawn with wide.
Any reason why it'd do that?

Also it seems like you I can't actually change body-shapes either, it still depends on adulthood. Not only that, changing body-shape will change adulthood accordingly.
And it seems I can no longer import a previously saved setups, aside from the textures the background story changes.
What the hell's happening? Is it just me? o_o
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Argain

Hmm... not sure about the face thing (I'll look into it), but when a colonist is first generated (happens whenever you select a starting number of colonists or when you try to import some) they all get randomly chosen body shapes based on gender and then the adulthood backstory list has to re-generate to only backstories that will result in the body shape. Previously exported colonists won't work with v1.7 due to the adulthood backstory needing to align to the chosen body shape... and they definitely won't work with v1.8, since the export/import code had to be changed for adding in starting weapons. It's the last thing I wanted to add to the mod, though, so there should be no more worries of having to create new sets of colonists for v1.8+.

Argain

From now on I will only be fixing any reported bugs or updating for newer versions of RimWorld. This mod is feature-complete, which means I will ignore any further requests for additional features.