[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somz

Quote from: Argain on July 23, 2014, 07:49:04 AM
From now on I will only be fixing any reported bugs or updating for newer versions of RimWorld. This mod is feature-complete, which means I will ignore any further requests for additional features.

Aside from working customizations, what could we possibly ask for?
A black, armored-unicorn to ride to battle? Wait, actually... No, never mind. Although... Hmm...
In any case, by previously saved setups, I was talking about this version, not older ones.
Since I noticed the face thingy, I saved one and tried to reload-change it to see why could it be, to test it. Again, to me it seems like it still depends on background, though it's still far, far better than nothing as it is, it is my duty as a proud user to report and will do accordingly, sir! ;)
On that note, I've noticed another one, Space marine females for me spawn with the male muscular body instead of the slim one, don't ask why, also even after creating the colony with the pawns, changing the save-file to change the face does not work either. Males spawn right.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

nacker1776

After editing 5 colonists and export. It only saves 1 colonists.

Argain

Quote from: nacker1776 on July 23, 2014, 05:25:37 PM

Could you attach the .col file for me to take a look at?

nacker1776

Quote from: Argain on July 23, 2014, 05:42:34 PM
Quote from: nacker1776 on July 23, 2014, 05:25:37 PM

Could you attach the .col file for me to take a look at?
Here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Argain

Quote from: Cyst on July 23, 2014, 09:30:27 AM
it is my duty as a proud user to report and will do accordingly, sir! ;)

Couldn't hope for anything more :)

Quote from: Cyst on July 23, 2014, 09:30:27 AM
On that note, I've noticed another one, Space marine females for me spawn with the male muscular body instead of the slim one, don't ask why, also even after creating the colony with the pawns, changing the save-file to change the face does not work either. Males spawn right.

A male muscular body like this?:

It's the actual female body for that Adulthood Backstory.

Edit: I just double-checked the Backstories list and you're right :O should be a thin body, which is very odd indeed!

Edit2: Nevermind, it's right here:
Backstory index: 190
Backstory name: Space marine
Backstory slot: 1
Backstory BaseDescription: Soren joined a squad of space marines known for their brutal efficiency at killing. His last name and his lack of emotion during combat inspired his nickname: Grim.
Backstory BodyTypeGlobal: Hulk
Backstory BodyTypeMale: Undefined
Backstory BodyTypeFemale: Undefined
Shooting: 5
Melee: 4
Social: -2
Medicine: 2
Artistic: -3
Crafting: -2
Restricted: Warden
Restricted: Doctor

It checks for either the BodyTypeFemale matching the Body Shape or the BodyTypeGlobal... in this case, it's registering the BodyTypeGlobal as a match.

Argain

Well, nacker... looks like something went wrong write after it wrote the HairDef node. The "OnSkin" node would have come next, so I'm guessing that's what threw the error and unfortunately caused everything henceforth to cease being written to file. I don't suppose you caught what the error was? You might still be able to find it in the output_log.txt.

nacker1776

Quote from: Argain on July 23, 2014, 05:55:31 PM
Well, nacker... looks like something went wrong write after it wrote the HairDef node. The "OnSkin" node would have come next, so I'm guessing that's what threw the error and unfortunately caused everything henceforth to cease being written to file. I don't suppose you caught what the error was? You might still be able to find it in the output_log.txt.

Never saw a error. Where is the output_log.txt file located.

Argain

For Windows, the output_log.txt can be found at:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RimWorld\RimWorld496Win_Data\output_log.txt

Don't know for Mac or Linux :/

nacker1776

I'm using Linux and don't see the file. All of my saves on v1.8b only save one colonist.

Argain

Ran into the same error you were experiencing, nacker... turns out, it was an empty list of Hair Tags trying to be written out to file that was causing the issues lol Posted another update with the fix for it (v1.8c). Still no clue about the face thing? I'm not noticing any problems giving colonists a pointy face.

Argain

Quote from: nacker1776 on July 23, 2014, 07:06:07 PM
I'm using Linux and don't see the file.

Just booted up a virtual machine of Mint 17 and I couldn't find any sort of error log, either lol Might be a good question to post in the Support side of the forum.

nacker1776

I did notice it only messes with the save if I change hair. If I dont change hair everything is fine.

Argain

Argain

Ya know... I think this thing just might be stable/error-free now :o