[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P_anders

ok, ... after a few test rounds it seems to work fine. i remember i changed the adult backstory to colony settler and i changed the bodytype to male. i'm not 100% sure, but i think, the colonist was still a settler, after the bodychanging. but maybe i didn't noticed the mod changed the adulthood, after i changes the bodytyp. o_O

Argain

@Cyst: Updated the mod with a fix for the skin color bug

@P_anders: Good to hear, man... the backstories do indeed change when the body shape is changed :)

Ailenoa

After reloading a save, I realized that the colonist traits end up being randomized to something different from what it was before. I'm not entirely sure why...

Somz

Quote from: Argain on July 27, 2014, 08:44:43 AM
@Cyst: Updated the mod with a fix for the skin color bug

@P_anders: Good to hear, man... the backstories do indeed change when the body shape is changed :)

Woah you work fast...
Anyway, it wasn't any big deal, it was connected to the less important part of the mod, changing the colonists' appearance.
I'm happy as f*** now that I don't have to click my thumbs to bleed to have a colonist who can actually mine/build/grow or something.^^
Besides, it's also good not having anymore 80million years old pregnant nymphomaniac grandpas. Yes, grandpas. I don't understand either...
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

rdz1122

I am unable to get 1.8/1.9 to work at all; I have tried two different computers, tried "uninstalling" and reinstalling (including Saves/Config folders). 

Any ideas?  I was able to get all versions to work until about 4 days ago.

Argain

Quote from: rdz1122 on July 27, 2014, 03:26:34 PM
I am unable to get 1.8/1.9 to work at all; I have tried two different computers, tried "uninstalling" and reinstalling (including Saves/Config folders). 

Going to need more information than that, such as:
- Operating System
- Version of RimWorld
- If the 'Colonist Creation Mod' folder is in the 'Mods' folder
- If there's any errors being thrown when you try to turn the mod on
- If you've been able to reach the enhanced creation menu at all
- Any other specifics you can think of to explain how exactly it's "not working"

Argain

Argain

Quote from: Ailenoa on July 27, 2014, 12:25:13 PM
After reloading a save, I realized that the colonist traits end up being randomized to something different from what it was before. I'm not entirely sure why...

- A game/map save, or a save of a set of colonists?
- How many colonists were there? Of those colonists, how many had their traits randomized?
- By traits you are referring to the actual 'Traits' and not the Backstories? Someone else had been calling the backstories traits... :P

DorgoDorato

That was me, because traits seems more normal to modify your stats than back stories alone.

SkittlesAreFalling

What file do I edit if I wanted to start off with 10 colonists?
I am looking through the Unity C-Sharp scripts and am having no luck finding the variable that contains that information.

Edit:
Found
Rect UpPos = new Rect(160f, 55f, 40f, 40f);
            if (Widgets.TextButton(UpPos, ">".Translate()))
            {
                if (Amount < 5)
                {
                    //Raise amount and re-display
                    Amount++;
                    ShowAmount(new Rect(135f, 60f, 40f, 40f));
                }
            }

in ColonistNum.cs and changed the check to if (Amount < 10), but that didn't work.

Ailenoa

Quote from: Argain on July 27, 2014, 04:06:16 PM
Quote from: Ailenoa on July 27, 2014, 12:25:13 PM

- A game/map save, or a save of a set of colonists?
- How many colonists were there? Of those colonists, how many had their traits randomized?
- By traits you are referring to the actual 'Traits' and not the Backstories? Someone else had been calling the backstories traits... :P

- It was a game/map save.
- It happens to all of the colonists. I've tried with One, Three and Five. It effects all of them.
- And yes, I mean traits. like gunslinger, running and tough. End up becoming something else entirely after I load up the game save.

I don't have any mods that effect map gen, or anything like that. And I've tested it out without mods as well. The traits just end up being randomized every time I load up a save... Which was funny when I left two guys in a room... One became pregnant XD (Pure coincidental chance ahahaha)

PilotBhav04

Same issue after trying out for first time last night. Traits changed completely and for me the build for the characters changed.

Argain

Quote from: SkittlesAreFalling on July 27, 2014, 07:12:53 PM
What file do I edit if I wanted to start off with 10 colonists?

If you want 10 colonists, then you would need to set it to (Amount < 11) since 10 is still technically 'less than' eleven.

Argain

Investigating the traits scrambling...

Edit: Fixed in v2.0.

Edit 2: The fix will not fix your already saved games, since the information that was saved into the Pawn's traits was not enough to make them recognizable after reloading. The entire TraitDef is being passed now in v2.0, so any freshly made colonists should save/load just fine (which I tested to make sure).

Argain

Quote from: Ailenoa on July 27, 2014, 07:56:30 PM
Which was funny when I left two guys in a room... One became pregnant XD (Pure coincidental chance ahahaha)

lol