[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

Alright, xiangsu... v2.3+ should be mostly translated now.

The few things that are probably not translated:
- Most Backstory Names
- Some work restrictions
- Most Trait Names
- Some weapons

If you would like those to also be translated, then modify the Chinese.xml file in the Translations folder and send it back to me with the additional translations.

A list of Backstory Names can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1vk9gevpmwk413/Backstories.txt
A list of Trait Names can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xzhukqptiqp2s5/Traits.txt

Argain

@Jerethi50: In the BaseMapGenerators.xml file you'll now see:

<!-- Hardcoded, the colonists themselves and their equipment -->
      <li Class="ColonistCreationMod.Genstep_ColonistCreationMod">
      <baseStats>
            <li>false</li>
      </baseStats>
      <choice>
            <li>false</li>
      </choice>
      <startingItems>
            <li>
                  <thingDef>Gun_Pistol</thingDef>
            </li>
            <li>
                  <thingDef>Gun_LeeEnfield</thingDef>
            </li>
            <li>
                  <thingDef>Gun_Pistol</thingDef>
            </li>
      </startingItems>
      <exemptShirts>
            <li>Hive Armor</li>
            <li>Steamhull</li>
      </exemptShirts>
      <exemptCoats>
            <li>Hive Armor</li>
            <li>Scyther frame</li>
            <li>Steamhull</li>
      </exemptCoats>
      <exemptWeapons>
            <li>Incendiary mortar</li>
            <li>Explosive mortar</li>
      </exemptWeapons>
      </li>

Anything listed in the exemptShirts, exemptCoats or exemptWeapons will not show up as options in the menu... but the things listed need to be the exact labels, which you can find in their def files. Shirts = OnSkin Layer and Coats = Shell Layer.
If you change the 'false' under the choice list to 'true' you'll enable the "Use the Colonist Creation Menu?" popup for those that want the option.

oink

E: Seems like there are some compability issues in the new version with A FIGHTING CHANCE v1.2 (Vanilla Edition)
When I create a new colony the Menu doesn't pop up

Argain

Quote from: oink on August 04, 2014, 02:31:24 PM
E: Seems like there are some compability issues in the new version with A FIGHTING CHANCE v1.2 (Vanilla Edition)

If you wanna make'em compatible, there's a number of things you can do... the easiest would be to delete the MapGeneratorDefs folder in the Fighting Chance mod. If you want to keep the extra resources from it and the increased timer for meals, here's what you can do:

1) Delete the MapGeneratorDefs folder in A Fighting Chance
2) Replace the BaseMapGenerators.xml file in my mod with the one I've attached here
3) Move the DamageTypeDefs and ThingDefs folders from A Fighting Chance into the Defs folder of the Colonist Creation Mod

You will have essentially 'merged' the mods if you do those three steps.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

oink

Quote from: Argain on August 04, 2014, 03:08:36 PM
Quote from: oink on August 04, 2014, 02:31:24 PM

If you wanna make'em compatible, there's a number of things you can do... the easiest would be to delete the MapGeneratorDefs folder in the Fighting Chance mod. If you want to keep the extra resources from it and the increased timer for meals, here's what you can do:

1) Delete the MapGeneratorDefs folder in A Fighting Chance
2) Replace the BaseMapGenerators.xml file in my mod with the one I've attached here
3) Move the DamageTypeDefs and ThingDefs folders from A Fighting Chance into the Defs folder of the Colonist Creation Mod

You will have essentially 'merged' the mods if you do those three steps.
Just deleted it for now, I try the one when I'm starting a new Colony. Thank you :))

Andu88

Jaxxa

Quote from: Andu88 on August 07, 2014, 01:39:21 AM
Where is the folder to download? 
Thanks
Attached to the first post.
Yellow writing at the bottom.

imacb

The only links in the first post are to the "All in one mod". Can someone post a link to the most recent individual colonist creation mod?

Shinzy

Quote from: imacb on August 07, 2014, 09:37:42 AM
The only links in the first post are to the "All in one mod". Can someone post a link to the most recent individual colonist creation mod?

It's in the first post, at the very bottom, as an attachment
A tiny link which can't be seen unless logged in =P So I can't blame you for not noticing!

Argain

Sorry for the tiny download link... used to have a big one linked to dropbox, but it's just easier to upload straight to this forum :P

imacb

Quote from: Shinzy on August 07, 2014, 09:46:30 AM
Quote from: imacb on August 07, 2014, 09:37:42 AM

It's in the first post, at the very bottom, as an attachment
A tiny link which can't be seen unless logged in =P So I can't blame you for not noticing!

Oh you have to log in? Haha I legit spent 10 minutes trying to click on every single word in the first post in case the link hadn't been highlighted or something.

Thanks

captainradish

I'm having a weird problem in which every time I click on continue all it does is increase the stats of the first person out of the group. The rest of the buttons work, but I cannot continue and actually start the game.

captainradish

Figured out it's some kind of weird problem with the K9 mod. Too bad. I liked that mod a lot.

Argain

Quote from: captainradish on August 07, 2014, 08:58:08 PM
Figured out it's some kind of weird problem with the K9 mod. Too bad. I liked that mod a lot.

lol definitely a weird problem, which I unfortunately have no clue about.