put toxic fallout in lower levels with reduced severity

Started by Bobisme, September 12, 2018, 12:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

i love toxic fallout and the volcanic winter, they're one thing that tests how well you have prepared your base.
In my opinion they should exist in the easier game versions all be it heavily watered down, my partner plays on pheobe chillax -some challenge and in both play throughs nether has happened, i don't think they are that hard to begin with :P they're good fun
give the 'some challengers' a week o' winter or toxic fallout :D :D :D
I'd like reduced time and severity not removal :)

OFWG

Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

twoski

it needs to be tweaked more on biomes where you can't grow plenty of crops.

on a normal biome like jungle you have no excuse for not having a million food stored at all times. create some huge grow zones, grow a LOT of food, then stockpile a bunch of it in a freezer. you should always have enough backup food to last you through these events. if toxic fallout hits, then make a nutrient paste machine and use that with all your stored food.

in the tundra it's a different situation, you have very limited options for food and having toxic fallout is basically a death sentence if you have no hydroponics. hence, it should not last too long on biomes where it's more difficult to deal with

Serenity

Quote from: twoski on September 12, 2018, 08:19:09 PM
in the tundra it's a different situation, you have very limited options for food and having toxic fallout is basically a death sentence if you have no hydroponics.
A greenhouse works very well as long you have soil

vzoxz0

I guess since Toxic Fallout isn't actually a big problem on the lower difficulties it makes sense to include it as an option there as well. Toxic Fallout is problematic mostly when your base is already struggling due to heavy raiding and poor design choices.

What's this talk of a "greenhouse"? There is no glass in the game. Toxic Fallout kills anything that isn't roofed.

Bobisme

a roofed room with no floor and grow lights, works wonders, closest we're going to get to a green house atm :D