Colonists knocking themselves out

Started by twoski, September 13, 2018, 02:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoski

So sometimes if one of my colonists with weakened movement gets stressed, they will go and smoke a joint.

The problem with this is that the joint reduces their ability to walk, causing them to fall over incapacitated. This is kind of wack. Even if my grandmother with a bad hip smoked a joint she wouldn't suddenly fall over and become a ragdoll.

It would be nice if these drugs wouldn't induce this sort of thing. Or, if they absolutely must, then the pawn should do a check to see if smoking the joint would incapacitate them, and smoke accordingly.

As it stands, it's not an incredibly realistic dynamic.

OFWG

Eh I don't know, dope fiends are gonna fiend so it doesn't seem wildly unrealistic to me. IRL I've known a few people who drank or doped even when it was clearly going to cause them a problem.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

twoski

Quote from: OFWG on September 13, 2018, 04:51:29 PM
Eh I don't know, dope fiends are gonna fiend so it doesn't seem wildly unrealistic to me. IRL I've known a few people who drank or doped even when it was clearly going to cause them a problem.

Are you saying that your friends immediately fall flat on their face after smoking a joint?

I mean, i know some people get couch locked and end up just sitting on their couch, but collapsing and requiring someone to haul them to a bed? That's excessive

Maybe smokeleaf could make colonists tired instead of reducing their consciousness.