Have you ever executed one of your colonists?

Started by Swarx, September 13, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swarx

Personally, I've never executed a fully-fledged colonist. I have, however, executed prisoners that I was originally planning on recruiting, just because they pissed me off and crossed the line too many times when it came to mental breaks/escape attempts.

Has a colonist ever proven to be such a burden/angering influence that you outright had them executed? Have they ever done something so terrible to your colony that you just felt that they needed to be offed?

Drewski

I've euthanized colonists who had a usefulness-ending injury before, and I've killed pawns resisting arrest, but never "executed" thrm per se.

loc978

Back before we had the option to disable events such as "wanderer joins" and we didn't have the hospitality mod to give us the option to turn people away... one of the colony themes I often came back to was "psychopaths only". So any psychopath I saw got arrested and recruited. Any non-psychopath was arrested and held until we could either sell them to slavers or if food was low, execute, butcher, cook and sell the parts (or eat, in case of extreme emergency).

So I guess I've executed a lot of colonists... before we even had a clean "execute" button. I'd gather up my psychos, arm them with longswords, and tell them to melee attack the former colonist/prisoner I had decided to turn into meat and leather.

I think I may make that colony again. It's been awhile...

OFWG

Quote from: Drewski on September 13, 2018, 03:40:16 PM
I've euthanized colonists who had a usefulness-ending injury before, and I've killed pawns resisting arrest, but never "executed" thrm per se.

This for me. If somebody absolutely has to go I force the "Just gave up" break on them with the dev console and they wander off the map.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

5thHorseman

I've never "just" killed any colonist or prisoner. I've lost a few on the operating table and a few of those were due to lacking hearts or livers, but no outright executions or euthanasias. If someone is such a pain that I don't want them anymore I release or banish them, usually after removing one or more nonvital organs.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

bbqftw

I let bad refugees die, which is like 75% of them. Bonus points if they are ugly so the colony is happy.

That is also the hidden value of recruiting ugly and annoying colonists since it's a net boost if they get story told. Having expendable pawns to send on idiotic item stash quests is nice

vampiresoap

Reading Rimworld forum posts makes you feel like everybody here has the psychopath trait.

Shurp

Before we had the "banish" option, I would frequently order useless colonists to march to the edge of the ice sheet, strip naked, and freeze to death.  The annoying part was that then another colonist would have to march out there and bury him.  But at least he didn't get the added debuff of seeing him die.

I'm really glad we have the banish option now, it's far more humane.  And it means you can accept any refugee, even a crippled 70 year old sheriff.  Just banish him on sight and then shoot the raiders that show up after and try to recruit *them*.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Nafensoriel

Yes. I had a pawn who had a mental break during winter when food was short. His choice of perversion was to binge eat.
When two colonists walked into the room after he had eaten half the rations he was promptly shot.

Kirby23590

Only the useless gets executed.

Unless you say you could haul those stone chunks or have some expertise on construction or crafting or being a good doctor or even a cook.

But it turns out I'm too much of a nice guy when comes to this. I instead banish them out with their weapons held dropped into to my storage and they can keep their clothes but they have to drop their armor they are wearing by my orders, well until you join one of my enemy factions.

Executing my own colonists by harvesting their organs you meant perhaps?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

Quote from: Nafensoriel on September 13, 2018, 08:08:54 PM
Yes. I had a pawn who had a mental break during winter when food was short. His choice of perversion was to binge eat.
When two colonists walked into the room after he had eaten half the rations he was promptly shot.

Binge eating earns an immediate smackdown with wooden logs by all other colonists in my colonies.  Usually they only lose a finger or two in the process.

(I hope Tynan introduces proper truncheons at some point so my colonists can administer beatings more professionally)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Lads

No, man, what a horrible thing to do.

The maximum I did was banish one that was always fighting with everyone, taking it away.

bobomite

Definitely.  Sub-standard or over-aged colonists take the path of glory.

I make them drop all clothing and weapons and melee attack bears and wolves until they transcend to glory.

henk

I'm about to. On a crashlanding scenario I started with three badass girls who are still alive. My first recruit was a male mute paramedic with the wimp trait named Stitch. He married one of the girls, divorced, married another one, and now is having an affair with the third.

Throughout the run he's been starting social fights with all three of them and had a break where he tried to murder his ex-wife. The next time I play I'm going to take him in the jungle hunting with all three girls and have them beat him to death. 

Swarx

^

If only he was a masochist, that'd be the way to go...