Chocolate production

Started by Alenerel, September 13, 2018, 11:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Since chocolate is already in game... This could be another way of making money. Add a plant of cocoa, then bills to the... stove (maybe?) and cooks would make chocolate from cocoa.

Dargaron

This is already in game as of Beta 19. After researching Tree Sowing, there's a further tech to plant Cocoa trees which produce chocolate (Right off the tree! Isn't that convenient?)

Serenity

I wished it'd be a little more complicated though. That the trees give cocoa beans and you need to at least cook them before getting chocolate.

In reality it's quite a bit more complicated and you need to ferment the beans first. The game could actually handle that with the fermenting barrels, but it doesn't have to be that complicated. Just better than literally harvesting chocolate

StormGunner

Isn't growing a tree a time consuming enough task? Are you that desperate to find something for your cooks to do?
Having 5 pyromaniac colonists taught me the importance of not using carpets everywhere.

AileTheAlien

Growing trees is actually very easy, compared to cooking good meals every day. Personally, I think the tradeoff for mood-boosting food that doesn't spoil, should be a more difficult production process. Even having a simple production chain, would make chocolate better, I think.

Seriously Unserious

I first got the ability to make chocolate in I think it was either v17 or 18, via a mod that added tons of new crops to the game, and that mod did have a production chain for the cocoa, which started as cocoa beans harvested from the plant, and I don't know exactly what the rest of the process was as I don't remember that version too well now. I do remember harvesting cocoa beans but don't remember what I did with them next. I may have been using them as a cash crop at the time I had to end that game due to a new version coming out and nuking all my saves.

Dargaron

You're probably referring to Vegetable Garden. It's now modular, and is updated to Beta 19 (I'm using a couple pieces of it for added flavor: how can you have Space!Mughals without the melons of Central Asia?)