[WIP] Mod Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2018, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

I've been working on a more flexible mod config screen, and I'd like your feedback!

The current version is rough, and not all functionality is implemented. Here's what it does;
- Two side-by-side lists of mods, available and active
- search (filter) both lists (with an option to highlight matches (vanilla way, default for active), or only show matches (more useful for large lists, default for avaiable)).
- drag and drop activate and reorder
- keyboard navigation (tab switches between filters and lists, arrows select mods, enter activates/deactives - there is currently no way to reorder)
- deals with multiple versions of the same mod (click the little icons to switch between versions).
- create local copies of steam mods (icon in bottom right)
- delete local mods

What I plan to implement;
- finetune/expand keyboard navigation
- create/load modlists
- mass create local copies of all steam mods in your mod list
- ModSync integration (either modsync itself, or a similar approach)

Current issues;
Translation strings are not yet set, so you'll see weird (but readable) characters, much shorter tooltips, etc.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kobra

Ты молодец! Так держать!!! :D

rawrfisher

Any ETA on the trasnlation strings?
Also how do I load saved copies I just rebooted to apply and it reverted back to my first saved list -_-
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

XeoNovaDan

Keeping an eye on this one for sure! Been using ModSwitch for a fair while, and this has potential to be a viable replacement.

Kirby23590

Looks interesting.

This will be a nice tool to use for managing your mods. This mod has alot of potential.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

rawrfisher

I know I'm annoying but I have a suggestion for your mod manager.

Maybe have it highlight active mods in yellow if they depend on a mod that is not currently in the active list.
Probably a lot of work but would help people track down mods that will cause errors if loaded
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

Feel free to take any code you want from ModSync RW if it seems to fit  :)

bigheadzach

I'm excited that this eventually could resemble a Rimworld-specific version of package management a-la npm / Composer that can even interface with Steam.