Stockpiles, Dumping Stockpiles, and Trash Zones

Started by Pax_Empyrean, August 17, 2016, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pax_Empyrean

At present, a stockpile and a dumping stockpile are differentiated only by the default items allowed. What we need is a trash zone, where items placed there are automatically forbidden, and any item on the map can be right clicked and marked as "trash" to be hauled away to the trash zone.

Peng Qi

I'd prefer a trash heap where garbage gets burned and removed from the map.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Peng Qi on August 17, 2016, 11:25:49 AM
I'd prefer a trash heap where garbage gets burned and removed from the map.

Sort of like a continuously burning tire fire? I like it!

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Alpha393

Crematorium only burns clothes. Would be nice if it was expanded to all items.

asanbr

Agree with the original suggestion.

Until then, my best method of trash disposal is to build a small stone building (3x3 or 4x4), make it "not home zone" so that people don't put out fires, fill it with crap and then throw in a molotov. You can burn things outside too, but it's much easier to do it inside because the heat stays inside and once 1 thing starts burning, everything else will soon catch fire.

Outside burning can take forever because of the useless aiming of molotovs.

Peng Qi

Quote from: Alphanoob393 on August 17, 2016, 03:42:46 PM
Crematorium only burns clothes. Would be nice if it was expanded to all items.
You also can't build a crematorium by default, whereas a "giant fire" should be buildable by everyone including primitives.

SpaceDorf

I admit, you are all right with your arguments :)

Let there be a thrashfire.

Maybe you could later upgrade the Firewood Generator to act as trashdump. ( also I allready can see many ways where this can go ooooh this is soooo wrong. )
Seeing how Trashburning Powerstations became a thing in real life.

Also I have heard ash is a pretty good fertilizer.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Detech

Up.

We still need a trash item manually. It will be good if there are will be a oportunity to mark item as a trash to destroy it any ways. Now if you want to destroy item throught crematorium, dumpstockpile in marsh or smthng else - you need a lot time to describe that item with rules, and even after that you cant be sure about they destroy wanted item and not destroy smthing else. Rule cant describe all your needs.
We need direct mechanism to point to something and say 'I dont need that, move it to dumpzone/destroy it'. Smthing like a 'Haul' mechanics, only for all items