[B19] Rainbeau's Mods

Started by dburgdorf, September 15, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeeper

Gravel appears on terrain same as rocky soil (info at bottom of screen and texture), though still works for next terraforming stage to normal soil.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Sleeeper on October 10, 2018, 06:28:43 AMGravel appears on terrain same as rocky soil (info at bottom of screen and texture), though still works for next terraforming stage to normal soil.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're trying to report, here.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated again:

- The chance of plowed soil degrading to rich soil when crops are harvested is now a configuration option (default 100%).

- An additional configuration option determines the chance of rich soil degrading to normal soil when crops are harvested (default 50%).

- When a soil tile degrades due to crop harvesting, it will by default be flagged automatically for replowing/refertilizing before new any new crops are planted. However, this behavior is also configurable, and can be turned off (for example, if you're low on fertilizer and don't want farms tiles sitting idle).

- Topsoil can now be laid over ice as well as over smooth stone. This will provide a potentially important new option for farming on ice sheet and sea ice maps, especially if playing in the mod's new "hard mode."

- Added a "Hard Mode" configuration option which disables the less realistic terrain transformations (removing ice from ice sheet or sea ice maps, creating mud, marsh or marshy soil on those same maps, and creating or removing deep ocean water on any map).

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruisuki

damn i never got to test the etch wall feature in my last game, was short stacked on creative people. RIP beautiful feature of smoothed walls

bigheadzach

Quote from: dburgdorf on October 10, 2018, 06:50:53 PM- The chance of plowed soil degrading to rich soil when crops are harvested is now a configuration option (default 100%).

- An additional configuration option determines the chance of rich soil degrading to normal soil when crops are harvested (default 50%).

- When a soil tile degrades due to crop harvesting, it will by default be flagged automatically for replowing/refertilizing before new any new crops are planted. However, this behavior is also configurable, and can be turned off (for example, if you're low on fertilizer and don't want farms tiles sitting idle).

I recognize this kicks up the difficulty of agriculture by requiring a fertilizer-production loop to be instituted to maintain rich soil, but given how much of a growth speed boost it gives, I welcome this additional realism.

So these don't stack, correct? If I harvest from plowed soil there is no chance for it to go straight to normal soil? I get one harvest at Plowed speed, and then another one at Rich speed (and then it's a coin flip whether it stays Rich)?

Seems to me that if plowing doesn't require expense of anything but time/labor, then once you get the ability to Plow, all you have to do is keep turning the soil over between harvests and you'll never have a chance to drop to normal soil.

Canute

QuoteSeems to me that if plowing doesn't require expense of anything but time/labor, then once you get the ability to Plow, all you have to do is keep turning the soil over between harvests and you'll never have a chance to drop to normal soil.
Rich soil and Plowed soil require 1 fertilizer each.
This mean you need a constant production of these.

dburgdorf,
with these changes i think you should adjust the amount of raw compost you get from burning corpses to 5.
Currently you are geting just 2, but when you butcher them and use the meat you can get 5-6.

dburgdorf

Quote from: bigheadzach on October 11, 2018, 10:05:07 AMSo these don't stack, correct? If I harvest from plowed soil there is no chance for it to go straight to normal soil?

That is correct. Plowed soil (if you have it configured to do so) can degrade to rich soil, and rich soil (again, if you have it configured to do so) can degrade to normal soil, but plowed soil will never, in a single jump, degrade to normal soil.

Quote from: bigheadzach on October 11, 2018, 10:05:07 AMSeems to me that if plowing doesn't require expense of anything but time/labor, then once you get the ability to Plow, all you have to do is keep turning the soil over between harvests and you'll never have a chance to drop to normal soil.

And that's exactly why plowing requires fertilizer as well as work.  It might not be entirely realistic, but it helps keep things balanced. :)

Quote from: Canute on October 11, 2018, 10:24:38 AMi think you should adjust the amount of raw compost you get from burning corpses to 5. Currently you are geting just 2, but when you butcher them and use the meat you can get 5-6.

Thanks for pointing that out. I *try* to keep things consistent, but sometimes, stuff like that gets past me.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

bigheadzach

I appreciate that burning corpses to compost is an option, because not every colony has a sociopathic butcher :D

dburgdorf

Quote from: bigheadzach on October 11, 2018, 11:08:57 AMNot every colony has a sociopathic butcher :D

Maybe not, but no colony is truly *complete* without one.  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Just pump him up with smokeleaf joints, pschic tea, ambrosia and beer to keep him happy.
But after a tribe raid, the rest of the colony is stoned too after butchering 30+ corpses.
Just to salesmann is happy, he got alot of human skin parka to sell for.

dburgdorf

Editable Backstories and Names has been updated:

- Added the ability to define special lists of names to be used together with backstory FilterSets. (For example, in the provided database, pawns with medieval backstories will now have names drawn from a list of medieval English names, rather than from the main name database.)

- Altered the optional backstory "source" tags to use parentheses instead of brackets, so the game doesn't misread them.

- Squashed a bug that occasionally caused null exception errors when the game tried to create a new pawn.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Packed Lunches has been updated:

- Updated the work required to make packed lunches, so they now require half as much work as making a simple meal, as opposed to five times as much.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

RicRider

Hey there. I have an issue to report with one of your mods, Fertile Fields. When random animal corpses rot all over the map the rotted mush they leave behind is unforbidden. Can you make it so these are forbidden by default? I often find my haulers running around to the edges of the map picking these up and it gets tedious pausing the game, finding the mush and forbidding it. Thanks!
##Coding Scrub##

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- Cut plants (including blighted plants) can now yield "plant scraps," which can be used in composting.

- Pawns will now haul fertilizer to tiles designated to be improved to rich or plowed soil, even if they're not assigned to plant work, just as pawns will haul materials to blueprints, even if not assigned to construction.

- Cremating a corpse in a crematorium now yields 5 compost instead of 4, and cremating in a campfire yields 4 compost instead of 2.

- When items rot, the rotted mush that results is now forbidden, to prevent pawns from running all over the map collecting... well, mush.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

RicRider

##Coding Scrub##