[B19] Rainbeau's Mods

Started by dburgdorf, September 15, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: RicRider on October 13, 2018, 03:22:44 PMOmg that was fast. Thanks!

I happened to be working on "Fertile Fields," anyway, and your request was simple enough to toss in.  ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Quote- When items rot, the rotted mush that results is now forbidden, to prevent pawns from running all over the map collecting... well, mush.
Ok, i didn't tryed it yet.
But i think it only should be forbidden if outside home area. Did you include that ?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on October 13, 2018, 04:04:20 PMBut i think it only should be forbidden if outside home area. Did you include that ?

Didn't think of that. I'll look into how to do it.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

raydarken

Hi RF, I'm running in to an error using 'Editable Backstories' which pauses the game and repeats the error making resuming the game impossible. I don't know if it's a compataiblity issue with the mods I'm using or an error with Edit. Back. itself. From my this error is happening when a scenario event I have repeating (chased refugee) is trying to happen. I am also using the incident person stat mod which seems unrelated. Here's the message: Could not resolve any root r_root firstRulePack: Dynamic Wrapper.

Some things I've tried: Destroying every alive pawn in the colony. Reordering my mod list so Edit. Back. is before, not after, Prepare carefully. I suspect this could be happening due to another 'chased refugee' event bugging out but I haven't been able to check that for sure, could be wrong.

Notes:
I'm using Edit. Back. 'full' mode, not 'lite' mode. I'm also using the 'one big family' mod to turn off relations as I prefer to play without them, possibly related? I see a lot of messages in the log regarding 'Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Thing_Human' and 'This means that we forgot to serialize pawns somewhere' which seems related to pawn relations.

Troubleshooting:
Next I am going to test if using 'lite' mode resolves the error or not, even though it is recommended not to change that setting in the game. I'm also going to try to remove the 'Incident Person stat' mod to see if that helps, but that is likely unrelated due to the error text below.

Changing the mod settings for Edit. Back. to 'full' intead of 'lite' mode allows the 'chased refugee' window to pop up, with the 'exception error' I mentioned before. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like: https://prnt.sc/l5wpud and here's the message again: Could not resolve any root r_root firstRulePack: Dynamic Wrapper. Turning off the 'incident person stats' mod did not improve anything, just removed pawn stats as expected. When I accepted the refugee event the log file ran 100 errors in a row until it reached the max, showing this:
Exception drawing Bowman: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGraphicSet.ResolveAllGraphics_Patch2 (object) <0x00085>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt_Patch2 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x000fa>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00081>
at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x0003d>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.DrawAt_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00087>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00052>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x0001c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings_Patch2 (object) <0x004ac>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings_Patch2(Object)
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Reached max messages limit. Stopping logging to avoid spam.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:PostMessage()
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings_Patch2(Object)
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()

and the pawn is invisible with a 'Pilot Fan: VanillaPK' childhood backstory only (Pawn is 16).

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at REB_Code.Patch_PawnBioAndNameGenerator_GiveAppropriateBioAndNameTo.Prefix (Verse.Pawn,string,RimWorld.FactionDef) <0x0040b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.PawnBioAndNameGenerator.GiveAppropriateBioAndNameTo_Patch2 (Verse.Pawn,string,RimWorld.FactionDef) <0x00027>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x005d2>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003b0>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007c1>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch2 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()

Here's a log file right after reloading the game where the error is happening:
https://git.io/fxRiL

dburgdorf

Quote from: raydarken on October 14, 2018, 07:36:20 AMHi RF, I'm running in to an error using 'Editable Backstories'....

Please update to the version of REB I released on Friday. It fixes the null exception error issue.

I can't guarantee the update will resolve *all* your problems, as some may be related to your other mods, but it'll take care of the "Editable Backstories" errors.  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

onerous1

So I've been playing with Rainbeau Flambe storyteller on savage... and it seems like I always get three raids in a row about 24 hours in between each raid. I know bad events come in threes but it is somewhat predictable when one raid shows up (because two more follow). Is this by design or some strange feature of B19 (soon to be 1.0)? I ask because I believe the description states that it's a blend of Randy Random and Cassandra with more traders stopping by. I may have to swallow my pride and turn the difficulty down.

dburgdorf

Quote from: onerous1 on October 14, 2018, 04:54:19 PMSo I've been playing with Rainbeau Flambe storyteller on savage...

I'll make a note to take a closer look. I tried to copy over his settings from b18 to b19 as closely as I could, but so much was changed in the storyteller defs in b19, that I could easily have overlooked something. I certainly didn't deliberately put in any "once one raid spawns, be sure to spawn two more" conditional.  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruisuki

its been a while but i remember in b17 you had some traits such as:
New traits to replace incapabilities are:

All Thumbs - Crafting
Anti-Social - Social
Brown Thumb - Growing
Burns Water - Cooking
Claustrophobic - Mining
Dislikes Animals - Animals
Dunce - Intellectual
Hates Hospitals - Caring
Inept - Skilled Labor
Pacifist - Violence
Philistine - Art
Pyrophobic - Firefighting
Slacker - Hauling
Slob - Cleaning
Snob - Dumb Labor
Useless - Skilled Labor and Dumb Labor

Additional Traits:

Animal Lover - loves animals and will be very unhappy if assigned to hunting
Early Bird - loves being up early, but hates staying up late
Neat Freak - gets a mood boost for every bit of filth they clean
Outdoorsy - loves being outdoors but hates being indoors
Rockhound - gets a mood boost for every rock they mine
Shut In - hates being outdoors but loves being indoors

i only see outdoorsy in prepare carefully, have they since been removed? I wont miss the all negatives of the first list, but the additional traits seemed nice

dburgdorf

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 16, 2018, 02:43:54 AMits been a while but i remember in b17 you had some traits such as....

The traits you listed were all from the original version of "Pawns are Capable," which hasn't been updated since a17, as the "no traits" version is, I think, a much better implementation of the core concept.

I'd thought about adding some of those traits to "Consolidated Traits" back in b18, but never got around to doing so.  Kiame's maintaining that mod now; I'd post a suggestion on his thread if I were you, and see if he'll add the ones you like.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Ruisuki

well you kept outdoorsy so cheers ;)

luciddreemer

Hi i'm sort of new here and to this game but was just curious if there is a link anyone has to the tribal essentials pack or mod for b19. I've only been able to find the steam workshop version and i don't have a copy on steam, I've been looking for ages and the one ive managed to download is for b18 even though it says its updated from b18-b19. I tried activating it anyways but when i launched i got a ton of red errors that looked like it all pertained to the mod so i don't think that's gonna work and i really want to just do some cool tribal runs haha, anyways amazing mods here none the less, i was just curious if anyone had any information or could even upload that mod for me. The one i downloaded was the ZARS tribal reborn.

dburgdorf

Quote from: luciddreemer on October 16, 2018, 04:28:51 PMHi i'm sort of new here and to this game but was just curious if there is a link anyone has to the tribal essentials pack or mod for b19.... The one i downloaded was the ZARS tribal reborn.

That is the b19 version, though so far as I know, the only "official" site for the mod right now is on Steam. I'd suggest contacting the new author/maintainer, and asking if he'd make it available elsewhere.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

luciddreemer

Hmmm okay, yeah it just came up as b18 in the list, i changed the version in the text file and vice versa lol just to get it to not show up red but all the files still load up red, do i have to have that mod above any other mods?

dburgdorf

Quote from: luciddreemer on October 16, 2018, 10:33:41 PMHmmm okay, yeah it just came up as b18 in the list, i changed the version in the text file and vice versa lol just to get it to not show up red but all the files still load up red, do i have to have that mod above any other mods?

If you have a b18 version, simply changing the version number isn't going to make it work in b19. You need to use the actual b19 version. And as I said, at the moment, that's currently only available on Steam.

However, I just checked with Dracoix, and while he's not active here on the Ludeon forums, he said he'll be happy to make it available on Dropbox. I'll pass along the URL as soon as it's available.

EDIT: He got it posted fast. Here's the URL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2969yx0a1l7kn0k/ZARS%20Tribal%20Reborn.zip?dl=0

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

luciddreemer

OMG you guys are amazing thank you, both of you. I don't have internet right now and i use what little data i can on this hotspot from my phone to get stuff on my pc for this game to play with haha so thanks again so much. :D