[B19] Rainbeau's Mods

Started by dburgdorf, September 15, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

Are fishing spots (and watergazing spots, I imagine) able to be placed next to bridges? I know in B18 - since both were Rainbeau-made - that it was doable, but I'm struggling to place them now, and the blue circle that the warning message mentions doesn't actually appear until you successfully place one (which for now still have to have the white circle on actual land).

dburgdorf

Quote from: bigheadzach on September 21, 2018, 11:43:59 AMAre fishing spots (and watergazing spots, I imagine) able to be placed next to bridges?

You *should* be able to place fishing spots on land or on bridges, either my own or vanilla. And in my own testing, I've been able to do so. But a number of people have reported problems, so I'm planning to look into it (and hopefully fix whatever the problem is) over the weekend.

As to the message, yeah, I worded it badly, since the blue circle doesn't exist until after you've actually placed the damned thing. So I'll be fixing that, too. It should read that the mouse pointer should be over water, and the white circle (interaction spot) over land or a bridge.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fishing has been updated:

- Squashed the bug that was preventing fishing spots from being placed on, and shellfish traps from being placed adjacent to, bridges from my "Advanced Bridges" mod.

- Clarified the fishing spot "bad placement" message, replacing the reference to the "blue circle" (which doesn't actually appear until *after* the spot is successfully placed) with "mouse cursor."

- Updated the Japanese language files.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

cyrilthlio

hello, i have a question where we find the alpha 17 version  of your mods?

dburgdorf

Quote from: cyrilthlio on September 22, 2018, 04:02:41 AMhello, i have a question where we find the alpha 17 version  of your mods?

I'm afraid you can't. I deleted my pre-b18 files recently from Dropbox (along with some other out-of-date stuff I had on there) on the assumption that nobody was still playing a version of the game that had been obsolete for a year, anyway.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Flimflamshabam

Got a rough estimate for which mods are up next for updates? I'm looking forward to wild cultivation personally, wanna do a caveman colony and what better for food than mushrooms that can grow in the dark.

tase

Faction Control error when opening the world map mid-game. "Liberal Union of West Steron" is the name of my faction:

QuoteTried to get relation between faction Liberal Union of West Steron and itself.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.Faction:RelationWith(Faction, Boolean)
RimWorld.Faction:GoodwillWith(Faction)
FactionControl.Patch_Faction_get_Color:Prefix(Faction, Color&)
RimWorld.Faction:get_Color_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.Planet.Settlement:get_Material()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject:get_ExpandingIconColor()
RimWorld.Planet.ExpandableWorldObjectsUtility:ExpandableWorldObjectsOnGUI()
RimWorld.WorldInterface:WorldInterfaceOnGUI_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

dburgdorf

Quote from: tase on September 22, 2018, 12:27:31 PMFaction Control error...

Please report any errors in "Faction Control" to Kiame on his thread for the mod. He's the one maintaining it for b19. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Pawns Are Capable! has been updated:

- "Incapable of dumb labor" is now a special case. Pawns who hate dumb labor are given a trait that reduces their carrying capacity and unskilled labor work speed. They can be assigned to hauling or cleaning with only a minor mood penalty, which will *not* increase over time.

- Pawns who hate plant work or skilled labor but are assigned to cut plants are handled similarly, with a simple static mood penalty as opposed to a  scaling penalty.

- Plant cutting is now consistently treated, as it is in vanilla, as skilled labor rather than dumb labor.

- Updated the version of the Harmony library the mod uses.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

bigheadzach

Is Plant Cut supposed to not be red-colored because it shares Growing as a subskill?

This makes it easy to accidentally task someone who hates plant cutting but is a good Grower, and they will get very angry without any warning you're assigning them to something they will partially hate.

dburgdorf

Quote from: bigheadzach on September 22, 2018, 07:35:15 PMIs Plant Cut supposed to not be red-colored because it shares Growing as a subskill?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If a pawn hates skilled labor and/or plant work, then plant cutting *will* have a red box on the work tab. Otherwise, plant cutting isn't a "hated" work type.

(As to a more general implied question, plant cutting, hauling and cleaning, even if they're "hated" work types with red boxes on the work tab, will *not* trigger "bad work assignment" alerts, since the penalties are small and static, specifically to allow long-term assignments.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Just thought I'd let y'all know that "Fertile Fields" is, in fact, getting upgraded to b19. Work is progressing well. I can't promise I'll have it ready to release tomorrow, but I'm going to try.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Archipelagos has been updated:

- Eliminated no longer necessary (and potentially problematic) conditionals based on the presence of "Fertile Fields" in mod list.

- Updated the version of the Harmony library the mod uses.

This is a completely "behind the scenes" update, but if you're planning to use "Fertile Fields" when I release it for b19 later today, you will want to make sure you've updated this mod, as well.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Amnesiac

Anyway you can add back in the vanilla bridges? I like the way they look but I like using your bridges to build stuff over rivers and lakes :)

Roolo

Hi Rainbeau. I also posted this on Steam, but I don't know how active you are there so hence  this double post.There seems to be an incompatibility between your mod and my What the Hack!? mod. When hacked mechanoids with implanted AI are drafted, they can't move with your mod installed. Here's the error log.

https://git.io/fAdrp

Without having seen the code I probably know what's going wrong. Mechanoids hacked with my mod don't have any skilltracker. So your mod probably calls this skilltracker, causing a nullreferenceexpception. A simple check that checks if the skilltracker is set would probably fix it. Could you look into this?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your great mods :)