[B19] Rainbeau's Mods

Started by dburgdorf, September 15, 2018, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

And now, the water trilogy (islands, fish and bridges) is once again complete.  :)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Much thanks,
i just wanted comment that we need your adv. bridges. The vanilla bridges are fine but i prefer to have some bridges out of stone too.
And with some beauty too.

Just a question,
bridges can hold structures like walls but it isn't possible to build floor's on it ?
Which are the reason you gave them beauty i think. But i think bridges are like floors the same terrain layer i it don't work.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on September 17, 2018, 03:20:09 AMbridges can hold structures like walls but it isn't possible to build floor's on it ?

The bridges in my mod (unlike those in vanilla, which are floors) are actually structures. So if you were to build a floor in the same tile, the floor would actually be *under* the bridge, not over it.

(Note that you actually *can* build floors under boardwalks, to allow "prettier" seams between boardwalks and normal floored areas. But the mod won't allow you to build floors under bridges, as there's no point.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Still hoping for Fertile (cough* cough*) fields... :P

dburgdorf

Quote from: Madman666 on September 17, 2018, 09:53:29 AMStill hoping for Fertile (cough* cough*) fields... :P

I will take a look when I have time -- which probably, at this point, will be next weekend -- and see just how much work an update would actually entail. On the one hand, now that I'm getting back into the swing of modding, I'm more inclined to consider tackling it than I was last week. On the other hand, though, it's still a huge mess of a mod that suffers from having grown far beyond anything I originally had planned for it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

As long as it will eventually update - more than fine with me, thanks a lot, @dbugdorf! Take as long as you need to update it, as a man whose free time is extremely limited as well, i can all sorts of understand you hesitating to start updating a huge mod like that one.

Flimflamshabam

so the guy who took over tribal essentials doesn't have download alternatives besides steam? That's frustrating.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on September 17, 2018, 07:21:00 PMso the guy who took over tribal essentials doesn't have download alternatives besides steam? That's frustrating.

So far as I'm aware, that's the only place he's got it right now. I could be wrong, and even if I'm right, it certainly doesn't mean he's not willing to put it up here as well. Just ask him.  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 10/07/2018

This mod adds a new "tribal raider" faction. Like pirates, tribal raiders raid you just because they can, and cannot be appeased with silver or by releasing prisoners. Be forewarned, worlds which include tribal raider factions can be quite hostile to newcomers!

It also adds a "tribal planet" configuration option. If this option (accessible from the game's "Options" menu) is selected, outlander and pirate factions will be disabled, so that worlds will generate with nothing but tribal and tribal raider settlements. (And also, of course, settlements for any factions added by other active mods.) Spacer and mechanoid factions won't be disabled, though, so you'll still have to deal with mechanoid raids in the later game, and might still come across "ancient danger" crypts.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

You shouldn't see any compatibility issues with this mod. You can add it to a game in progress, but unless you're using Orion's "Faction Discovery" or a similar mod, you won't see tribal raiders added to the game. Trying to remove it from a game in progress which includes any tribal raider factions will, of course, make the game unplayable.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Obviously, credit is due to RimRue, the creator of the original a17 version of the mod!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 09/18/2018

This mod overhauls tribal pawn naming. Why? Well, the tribal names in the game have always felt a bit... "off" to me. It's probably nothing more than my own unfamiliarity with the cultures from which the names are drawn, but I always thought they seemed a bit more "Spanish" than tribal.

The changes made by the mod are as follows:

- Tribal pawn names are now Native American in style. (I drew the names from online "Native American baby names" lists, by the way, which I'm well aware mix and match names from many different nations, and also feature many inauthentic names. But while they have many flaws, they provided the sort of names I was looking for. No disrespect to actual Native Americans is intended.)

- Tribal pawn nicknames can now include various adjectives, terrain features, weapons and the like. So you might run into a tribal pawn named Vengeful Weasel, for example, or Deadly Scythe.

- Since tribal names don't follow a "personal name followed by family name" pattern, anyway, the game no longer forces tribal pawns to share last names if they're related.

- Pets in tribal factions will now be given tribal-style names rather than colonist-style names.

(This mod was originally going to be a complete overhaul of RimWorld's pawn naming system, similar to what I did with "Editable Backstories."  I started working on it well over a year ago, but never quite finished it, and along the way, the "Names Galore" mod came out, doing most of what I wanted to do with the colonist name database, anyway. I eventually decided to trim my "work in progress" down to just the tribal pawn name changes, resulting in the mod you see here.)

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"Tribal Pawn Names" should be compatible with any other mods, and you should be able to add it to or remove it from a game in progress without causing any problems.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Tribal Raiders has been updated:

- Adjusted the "young warrior" pawn kind to bring it into line with vanilla's new "penitant" pawn kind.

- Fixed name and pronoun references in tribal raider backstories.

- Tribal raiders will now draw backstories only from the tribal raiders set, and not from the vanilla tribal set.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Mosser

Hi rainbeau, I want to let you know that tribal pawns names should be loaded before names galore or tribals will have the vanilla names (it happened to me)

DDRMANIAC007

Looking forward to both concrete and fertile fields!

dburgdorf

Quote from: Mosser on September 20, 2018, 12:36:21 AM
Hi rainbeau, I want to let you know that tribal pawns names should be loaded before names galore or tribals will have the vanilla names (it happened to me)

I'll take a closer look later, but load order shouldn't matter at all, and so far as I can tell, *doesn't* matter. I just tested it myself, with "Names Galore" at the top of my list and "Tribal Pawn Names" near the bottom, and both my own pawns and those in the raid I generated had my mod's names.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Mosser

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 20, 2018, 07:46:15 AM
Quote from: Mosser on September 20, 2018, 12:36:21 AM

I'll take a closer look later, but load order shouldn't matter at all, and so far as I can tell, *doesn't* matter. I just tested it myself, with "Names Galore" at the top of my list and "Tribal Pawn Names" near the bottom, and both my own pawns and those in the raid I generated had my mod's names.
Then maybe it was another mod conflict, but putting it on top of names galore fixed it.