Is Heat Wave the very first event that happens now?

Started by Nameless, November 05, 2018, 09:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I kept getting Heat Waves as my very first non-fixed event in any game i started (Other than ice sheet and tundra of course).

Am I just insanely unlucky or what?

Hoshi

It may just be your luck. There shouldn't be any reason for anyone to have made Heat Wave a fixed event for every game. You said it yourself, "non-fixed".
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone."

Shurp

The game usually starts in the spring/summer.  Your story teller is looking for a threat to attack you with.  "Heat Wave" in warm climates is just the easiest to pull out of the bag.  You should be able to build some cooling boxes to deal with it.

In cold climes, "cold snap" is almost guaranteed within a season of landing, which is why I never bother trying to farm outside even when it's warm enough.  I focus on getting enough steel for an indoor 'greenhouse'.  (I wish Rimworld had the fantastic technology known as glass...)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

avilmask

Quote from: Shurp on November 06, 2018, 07:12:48 AM(I wish Rimworld had the fantastic technology known as glass...)
On another hand, Rimworld has the fantastic technology known as mods  ;)

Shurp

Yeah, but first I would have to uninstall Laziness 1.0. 

(Then I can upgrade from B18 to 1.0, then hunt down all the mods to restore B18 functionality, *then* load glass and other mods, *then* modify the mods to satisfy my tastes...)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.