Has Deep Drilling Been Rebalanced?

Started by cAPSLOCK567, September 16, 2018, 08:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cAPSLOCK567

I'm getting 35 steel per extraction and 7 plasteel per extraction, and plasteel seems to only appear in the smaller clusters now. IIRC, and according to the wiki, plasteel used to occur in larger clusters. You'd also get 35 plasteel per extraction.

If this is how it should be normally now, it seems like plasteel is going to be a lot rarer from now on.

lancar

You are correct

The best way to get plasteel now is from using the long range scanner to spawn mining locations and then send your caravans to mine them.

Deep drilling is still useful for normal steel, though, but more as a way of maintaining your stock rather than building it.
There's also the contant threat of insect spawns from them, but since you know where they'll be coming from you can prepare defenses beforehand.

mlzovozlm

i'd rather scan for gold, you can mine it off then return right away instead micro-ing all the setting up base then mining for 2 days, there's also the weight problem with all those ores

with the gold you can make it into small scupture (500 gold) and sell it off for hefty ~4k5-5k silver, then use that to buy materials

a steel trip need >1k kg caravan if you want to do it in 1 go, uranium ~700-800 kg, component+plasteel ~400-600, all of them takes 2-3 days to mine with a caravan of 7-8 pawns, meanwhile gold weighs nothing

i dont remember how big a jade ore is, but i suppose a bit bigger than gold, while silver is rather big, roughly similar to a component one

lancar

jamessimo

Shameless plug, if you want to see what deep resources you have on your map you can use the RimMap map viewer I built in-browser.

https://jamessimo.itch.io/rimmap