[B19] Verify Start

Started by Anonymous_, September 18, 2018, 02:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous_

(Originally created by TheUbie, recoded by scuba156, and updated to B19 anonymously.)

Have you ever rerolled and rerolled and rerolled your colonists again trying to get the perfect combination of construction and crafting and research...only to drop and then find out you forgot to get a good cook?

This mod will allow you to set which skills and what the minimum you want at least one of your colonists to have... and if you try to start without any colonists that meet that criteria it will alert you and not let you drop.

Be sure to click the Verify Start button to set up the skills you wish to verify and their minimum level from the select colonist screen!  Don't worry, it saves the settings between games so you don't have to make changes again unless you want a different skill set to be verified.

FAQ:

Will you be uploading this to the Steam Workshop?
Probably not. I like to stay anonymous.

Are there any compatibility issues?
There shouldn't be. EdB Prepare Carefully bugs were fixed by scuba156 in the 0.17 recode by utilizing Harmony.

What's the reuse policy?
You can use it in a pack and/or tinker with the source with my blessings (TheUbie and scuba156 had the same policy). You may even upload it to Steam Workshop if you so desire.

I found a bug. How can I let you know?
I recommend using the button on the left of this post that emails me. Please do not ask for B20/1.0 updates when that day comes.

I would like to request a feature. Will you add it?
I don't plan on adding any new features - I recommend using LameBot's RandomPlus for higher customization, though that mod will only randomize pawns individually. It is compatible with this mod.

I think I can improve this mod. Can I take over as maintainer?
Yes, I don't have a lot of time to do things like work on mods.

Download:
Dropbox

v19-0.1 (September 18, 2018)
    - Initial B19 release