[V0.19.2009] Framerate issue with multi-monitor-setup

Started by Pyroka, September 17, 2018, 08:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroka

My setup: I use two monitors. My primary display is a 144Hz 1080p display and the secondary monitor is a 60Hz 768p monitor. Both are driven by an Nvidia GTX 970. I play rimworld on my primary monitor in fullscreen mode.

The Problem:
If the second monitor is disabled or shows a static image my framerate is 144 and stays there. But if the second montor has to show something dynamic, the framerate becomes uneven and jumps between exactly 30fps or 60fps or randomly between 60 and 144.

For Example: I have my browser open on the second monitor and maximised and the aktiv tab is a youtube video that is paused. My framerate is locked at 144fps. When i now start the video, the framerate becomes uneven and flucturates between 60 and 144 even when the game is paused. Now i change the active tab to the forum but let the video play in the backgrond and my framerate gets back to 144 and stays there.

Example two: I play Rimworld and capture it via OBS and OBS is displayed on the second monitor. In this case the framerate stays at 60 for the most part but drops every few seconds to 30fps fpr one or tow seconds. Then i open my browser with the forum active and cover the OBS window with it. OBS is still capturing Rimworld, but my framerate goes up to 144 and stays there, because the 2. monitor now shows a static image.

Example three: If i have voicemeeter banana open on the second monitor, my framerate is uneven between 60 and 144. If i minimize voicemeter and the second monitor only shows the desktop. Then the framerate goes back to 144.

I expected that the framerate stays @144 regardless what the second monitor shows.

If you need more information or a showcase. I may be able to capture the problem and show it in a video.

This problem exists at least since Alpha 17 before A17 i didn't use a second monitor.

Tynan

This is a Unity/driver side issue I'm afraid; it's not the kind of thing we can address with game code. So I'm afraid I have to just lock it. Thanks for reporting anyway.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog