[WIP] [1.0] Alpha Animals

Started by SargBjornson, September 17, 2018, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mosser

Those are the only things I imagined would be fitting for them... I hope you come with something cool for them or someone gives a better suggestion ^^ (it's just that they were my favourite animals from the mod when I used a unfinished version from kaptain_kavern)

SargBjornson

Ok, I did it, just for you. Because I love you, stranger.

Mosser

:O I hope it wasn't too hard, but anyway thank you very much Sarg ^^

SargBjornson

The Minions mod pointed me in the right direction!

I have also added regenerative abilities for the Raptor Shrimp, and battery recharging powers for the TetraSlug.

Next is implementing the Black Hive faction with raids. Everything is on track to release for 1.0 :)

crusader2010

Please make an option for us to select whether we want the new faction in-game or not, too :D
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

SargBjornson

Do you know how I could do that without including a dependacy? (hugslib, for example)

SargBjornson

heh, turns out it is very easy! I'll add a flag that can be deactivated in Mod Settings. If the flag is active, you'll get raids by the Black Hive (like really aggressive infestations). If not, the event will detect it and be instead just some manhunting Megalouses.

Mosser

Hello again, Sarg. How do the black hive works? Do they just pop out of the ground like normal infestations?

SargBjornson

It will be like a raid that pops out from the ground. Like drop pods, but from below. Black Hive insects will have ranged attacks, so imagine like biological mechanoids.

Scavenger

How is the balance in this mod..? One of my major concerns for any mod.

And how tough are they compared to current enemies like mechanoids or raiders?

And do they have drops you can use to make unique things? or just for killing?

Can they be tamed?

And when will this is updated for 1.0, and will it be on steam?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

SargBjornson

1- I'm sure it won't be perfectly balanced on release, but it'll will also not be one of those mods that completely destroy the playthrough with imbalance.

2- Testing the raids right now to ensure a similar level

3- Oh yeah, of course :)

4- Also yeah

5- I'm aiming for the 1.0 release! So next Wednesday

Scavenger

Cool thanks!

Do they have ridiculous tame chances? Too hard i mean? Like a thrumbo.

I think they should be just a liiiiittle easier to kill than a thrumbo, since they seem kinda like it.

Are they rare?

Are they mostly hostile on sight?

Is there a general list of shizz you can craft from their drops?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

SargBjornson

They are very varied. Some are easy to tame (Groundrunner), some are harder than Thrumbos (Gallatross). Same things for combat power. The Gallatross is a powerhouse.

Rarity is the last thing I'll do before release, since it needs more testing.

Only the Black Hive insects are hostile on sight, the rest are just animals :)

List of things: don't expect anything to crazy. It's mostly vanilla drops and custom meats, leathers, wools, etc.

col12345

Cannot be any more exited for this mod.

SargBjornson

So am I, that's why I offered to code it :) I had been admiring A_Friend's art style for more than a year, and thought it unfair that they weren't ingame