UI slightly too big

Started by emraldilian, September 17, 2018, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emraldilian

So this isn't game-breaking for me but it has begun to bug me. The top of some menus such as Bio, Social, Log, and Needs go past the top of the screen. I have the smallest UI size available and no changing of resolution seems to help.

scorlew

Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

Canute

Could you please made a screenshot about that.
Personaly i don't have such an issue.
And when you are on it, maybe attach an error log, maybe that show some problems.

BlackSmokeDMax

Likely you are running below the minimum resolution of 768 vertical. There is a fairly easy fix...

If you look in the config folder, you will see a file named 'prefs.xml'

In that file is a line with the ui size, the line looks like this at default:

<uiScale>1</uiScale>

Change that 1 to a lower number and it will shrink the UI, just as if there were more settings available.

For instance try something like .75 or .80 to begin with and adjust from there. You will need to edit that while the game is not running.

Btw the config folder is in a default windows install located at: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config

You can also find this by going into the options menu, and I think in the middle column, there is a button that says something like "open save folder location". Click that, it will take you to your save folder. If you then go one directory above that save folder you will see the config folder, go in there.