Can you use tainted clothing to fulfill quests?

Started by Timst, September 18, 2018, 02:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timst

I have a quest that asks me to deliver three parkas. I also happen to have a whole bunch of dead people's parkas. Can I use these to fulfill the quest, or do I need fresh, crisp parkas? What about non-tainted but damaged (<100% condition) clothing?

5thHorseman

Quote from: Timst on September 18, 2018, 02:34:55 PM
I have a quest that asks me to deliver three parkas. I also happen to have a whole bunch of dead people's parkas. Can I use these to fulfill the quest, or do I need fresh, crisp parkas? What about non-tainted but damaged (<100% condition) clothing?

Surprised nobody answered this yet.

Damaged is fine. I don't know about tainted. I'd test it but I don't keep tainted clothing around.

I'd make a save right before sending the caravan and then sending it there with tainted clothing to see. If it works great, if not reload and do it the "correct" way.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

mlzovozlm

you used to be able to, not anymore, stripping corpses is useless now, unless in reallyyyy emergency case like Ice Sheet

also, it doesnt need to be freshly one, even if it's 1% normal parka, you can use it for the request

Aszh

5thHorseman

Quote from: mlzovozlm on October 08, 2018, 08:39:58 PM
you used to be able to, not anymore, stripping corpses is useless now, unless in reallyyyy emergency case like Ice Sheet
Also bloodthirsty colonists don't mind wearing it. On Naked Brutality saves if you start with a bloodlust guy, you can take the clothes off the first few raiders before you can make your own. And then when you make your own, it can be from their skin.

Very efficient.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.