[1.5] Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack 1.8.4 (15 Mar 2024)

Started by sumghai, September 18, 2018, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumghai

Quote from: krnja21 on March 11, 2019, 07:34:12 PM
I seem to have a problem here, i can research the turrets just fine but there is no option to build them.
I checked under every menu plus the machining table, and nothing  :-\
Additional research is required to unlock all the DMGT pack turrets.

For a vanilla playthrough:
- Mounted DP-28 Turret requires Gas Operation
- Mounted M2HB and Twin M2HB Turrets require Recoil Operation
- Mounted M134 Turret requires Multibarrel Weapons
- Mounted Mk 19 Turret requires Blowback Operation and Mortars
- M2HB Sentry gun requires Gun Turrets and Recoil Operation
- M134 Sentry gun requires Gun Turrets and Multibarrel Weapons
- Mk 19 Sentry gun requires Gun Turrets, Blowback Operation and Mortars

However, if you are running Combat Extended, the research unlocks required are different:
- Mounted DP-28 Turret requires Gas Operation
- Mounted M2HB, Twin M2HB, M134 and Mk 19 Turrets require Heavy Weapons (from the new Turrets research tab added by CE)
- M2HB, M134 and Mk 19 Sentry guns require Heavy Weapons and Heavy Auto Turrets (ditto)

krnja21

Another question if i may?

Do mounted turrets use the skill of the colonist operating them, or is accuracy connected to the turrets themselves?

Also, is there a spreadsheet of various turret stats somewhere?
Wondering if there's any use for the lower tech ones, or should i just go straight for the miniguns?

Using normal non-CE version btw.

Thanks in advance :)

sumghai

To be honest, I myself don't know if the mounted turrets rely on colonist skill, and I don't have a comparative spreadsheet of stats for all the turrets.

All I'm really doing is just maintaining FenderSBlackie's original mod to work for current and future versions of RimWorld.

krnja21

Quote from: sumghai on March 13, 2019, 05:20:49 PM
To be honest, I myself don't know if the mounted turrets rely on colonist skill, and I don't have a comparative spreadsheet of stats for all the turrets.

All I'm really doing is just maintaining FenderSBlackie's original mod to work for current and future versions of RimWorld.

Oh ok, thanks again

sumghai

Quote from: xRg on March 18, 2019, 05:21:47 AMI made a russian localization of this mod:
Thanks! More language support is always appreciated :)

Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2150 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.5.0 - 19 March 2019
---------------------
- Add Russian translation (courtesy of xRg)

sumghai

Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2150 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.5.1 - 20 March 2019
---------------------
- Fix original author name from FenderSBlackie to Coalcat/Blackie
- Repackage for Steam Workshop release
- Remove changelog from About.xml for brevity

I have also (very reluctantly) released this mod to the Steam Workshop as well.

15nelsoc

I know this isn't really your problem, but I'd really appreciate some insight if you have any.

I tried editing the range of the turrets you created to be more in line with similar CE turrets and their real life equivalents, but the edits to the xml values always end up being your defaults in-game.

For example I edited the range for the Mk19:
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
  <verbs>
    <li>
      <range>90</range>
    </li>
  </verbs>
</ThingDef>

But when I use it in game it doesn't have 90 range, it instead has the default value assigned to it. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

It sounds ridiculous, but it made my night to find your mod. I was so sick of using the AGS-30 and the KPV, having some NATO heavy weapons is fantastic.

sumghai

Quote from: 15nelsoc on March 22, 2019, 01:33:06 AM
I know this isn't really your problem, but I'd really appreciate some insight if you have any.

I tried editing the range of the turrets you created to be more in line with similar CE turrets and their real life equivalents, but the edits to the xml values always end up being your defaults in-game.

For example I edited the range for the Mk19:
<ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
  <verbs>
    <li>
      <range>90</range>
    </li>
  </verbs>
</ThingDef>

But when I use it in game it doesn't have 90 range, it instead has the default value assigned to it. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

It sounds ridiculous, but it made my night to find your mod. I was so sick of using the AGS-30 and the KPV, having some NATO heavy weapons is fantastic.
I assume you are trying to use the turrets in a CE savegame?

If so, editing the XML defs won't work because CE by default comes prepackaged with a compatibility patch for DMGTP turrets, which takes precedence over any local edits.

Also, I was the one who wrote and submitted the CE patch to the CE team. The range and firepower stats were all based on the official CE calculation spreadsheets, so the turrets in CE savegames should already be balanced properly.

Now, if you were running a non-CE savegame, then your edits (though not recommended) should have been applied.

15nelsoc

Thank you for explanation. I moved your mod before CE in the load order, and the range values were in-line with what I was expecting. I appreciate the help.

-edit-
Now I realize I was just being a moron. The range the turrets highlight before being built is not the same as once they're actually constructed. Sorry for wasting your time.

Riddle78

I don't know which mod's not cooperating,but something's not working. Lemme explain.

I use What The Hack?! as a means to supplement colony defence. I got your mod,and when I saw that the Mk. 19 was a grenade machine gun,I practically salivated,and made it my life mission to hack four Centipedes. What The Hack?! allows you to mount uninstalled turrets onto "large Mechanoids",which pretty much amounts to just Centipedes,if you don't run a Mechanoid mod,assuming you've installed the proper upgrade module. This specific feature is noted to be universally compatible,without the need for patches,and the mod author demonstrated this by mounting a turret from the More Vanilla Turrets mod to a Centipede.

I can assign the modification (It's a surgery,technically) if I have the uninstalled Mk. 19 sentry turret in storage. However,it'll never be done,because I apparently lack the materials. Despite the sole material being a single uninstalled Mk. 19 sentry turret. According to What The Hack's?! advertising,I shouldn't be having this issue.

I'll also be posting this in the What The Hack?! thread,just in case it's on their end,rather than yours.

sumghai

That's a rather unusual use case, Riddle78 - for me, anyway. I'll look into it when time permits.

Austupaio

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this up-to-date, it's one of my preferred Security tab mods for being an upgrade to the mini-turrets without being end-game content plasma-augment nuclear battleship artillery.

makute

hi, quick question: Does the new turrets spawn at AI colonies and outposts?

sumghai

Quote from: makute on October 10, 2019, 08:45:39 AM
hi, quick question: Does the new turrets spawn at AI colonies and outposts?
Most likely not, as I haven't explicitly patched the stock colony and outpost generators to make use of these turrets.

Defensive Machine Gun Turret Pack has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2408 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.5.2 - 23 October 2019
---------------------
- Add turrets to Caravan and Orbital Combat Supplier trader stock generators
    - Caravan traders will sell fewer types of turrets compared with Orbital traders
- Add Simplified Chinese translation
- Implement versioning metadata files for Fluffy's Mod Manager and ModSync
- Rewrite turret descriptions to be more informative
- Update preview image to Steam Workshop dimensions
- Update Traditional Chinese translation