[1.1]Lost Forest (WIP)

Started by IGNI, September 20, 2018, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefish

Alright so I missed the window of opportunity there, thanks for clarifying.
Is that notification system IGNI was talking about then supposed to tell users when the mod author is making important changes like this?

Kuratheris

Quote from: IGNI on June 07, 2019, 06:54:33 PM
@nylem

Thanks playing. Please rest assured. There is no intention to stop development at all. I only take a rest for a while. You can permanently use the latest version of v0.3.1 by downloading from this page until 6/14.
As far as the Steam side is concerned, I won't release new version until the notification system to users is completed. About Ludeon side, I'm going to update as usual because I think they will check premise of the each updates certainly on their downloading.

So did someone of authority actually come to you and tell you to take it down? Or are you just worried that will happen? If it did happen, how about you just remove those sound files until you eventually work things out?

joey3155

Where in the load order should the resource file be loaded? Cause I placed it behind all my other library mods like Jecs and Hugs and the game never finished loading so I did something wrong.

Ledah

Welcome back! I'd like to request adding the female gender to the girls, and maybe the Leffy and the Petite Servant Dragons too. It's because every now and then I would get one of the girls and they would have a male name...
Also, there's a problem with the mod "EdB Prepare Carefully". They would show random names instead, for example showing "Sakura" instead of "Foxia".

Big fan of the mod, I've been using it for months... Please keep up the good work ~
~ Escape Reality ~

boopyhoofy

When I start the game with a few other mods installed I get the message "[RJW]Lost Forest intentionally breaks RJW and therefore is incompatible, you were warned.". Would you happen to have any idea what this is about?

Canute

I think RJW = RimJobWorld, thats a mod so far i know.
So when you don't use that mod, just ignore that warning.

boopyhoofy

Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2020, 06:31:52 AM
I do use that mod. I am just wondering what the issue is.

InkTide

Quote from: boopyhoofy on March 22, 2020, 06:57:21 AM
Quote from: Canute on March 22, 2020, 06:31:52 AM
I do use that mod. I am just wondering what the issue is.

This mod's author has added functionality to specifically look for and break RJW and any attempts to make RJW compatible with Lost Forest. Originally, this was automatically sedating any pawn that attempted to begin an RJW-related action with a Lost Forest pawn - now it seems the goal is to disable RJW altogether. This is, in my opinion, one of the most pathetically petty things I've ever seen a mod author do.

It's this mod author's attempt, so far as I can surmise, to impose their own opinions onto anyone using their mod... in a game where you can, by default, skin human beings and use their dried flesh to make clothes and furniture. This is so astoundingly stupid to me that I'm tempted to learn rimworld modding for the express purpose of un-breaking the things Lost Forest intentionally breaks - regardless, if someone does do this, and Lost Forest updates afterwards, it is highly likely that the update to Lost Forest contains no updated content besides additional attempts to police which mods this mod author believes you should be disallowed from using.

InkTide

https://store.steampowered.com/eula/294100_eula_1

Upon some further research, it seems IGNI's unannounced and largely hidden attempts to break RJW (the 'stun pawns' function uses Harmony and is buried in a .dll file that most users likely don't have the ability to read, let alone edit) actually violates the EULA.

Specifically: "-Your Mods must not misrepresent what they are or their purpose, or deceive players in any way they wouldn't reasonably appreciate."