[1.1]Lost Forest (WIP)

Started by IGNI, September 20, 2018, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IGNI

What is this?

This mod brings some elements from exotic another world to Rimworld!
Present main contents is adding exotic animal races.

They will help your colony on the surface of mood, pandemic, or fighting.

Since I've been too biased creating animals, so...
Goal
I'd like to add more buildings and production recipes that helps imaging the exotic another world view in the future.
Of course, simply making colony life easier is not goal. I also planning to add powerful hostile factions who aiming their special powers.

Download
latest version 0.3.5 (v1.0: 0.3.5): Dropbox
*Ended all supports due to zoning violation spam
for steam users : on Steam

required : ResourcePackCore (Steam or Git)
recommended : [a Dog Said...], [Camera+], [ShowModDesignators]

Restrictions
Do NOT copy or redistribution.

Q&A
"Is there no researchment for building?"
For now so. I'll implement it collectively as the content increases.

"Aren't girls a bit too strong?"
I think so too! ...Well, I designed difficulty with assuming the situation like that over 30 choco-cornets appear at the end game,
so I recommend that beasthumans are limited up to one from each races for each colony.
*They got weaker on v0.2.3 hardcore update.

"I want them to cleaning"
They came to be able to do it from the v0.3.0!
The behavior frequency of each job is different depending on the race.

---------special thanks-------------
uniinu
ryouta
Tosenbo
tammybee
Udon
mlph

--------------------------------------
Please feel free to write if there is something. However, development is very slow so please wait patiently.

mvargus

One tiny request.  I added this and ended up with a pair of Flammelia showing up as a wandering self-tame.  They are nice to have, but the constant call outs they make get a bit tiresome after 1 hour or so.  Can you reduce the frequency of them calling out in their "very cute" voices. 

IGNI

Quote from: mvargus on September 21, 2018, 12:03:20 PM
One tiny request.  I added this and ended up with a pair of Flammelia showing up as a wandering self-tame.  They are nice to have, but the constant call outs they make get a bit tiresome after 1 hour or so.  Can you reduce the frequency of them calling out in their "very cute" voices.

Thanks for report. It's unintended bug that LF races are chosen in FarmAnimalsWanderingIn event, which known from before. About flammelia voices, it was adjusted from before, but I feel that I am still a bit too big and often. I'll re-adjust it at the next update to reducing volume and inserting dummy voice for 50% frequency. You can also makes them silent immediately by removing "Pawn_(race name)_Domestic_Vox.xml" and "<soundWounded>... ~ ...</soundAngry>" of  "Race_(race name).xml".

mvargus

Quote from: IGNI on September 21, 2018, 08:58:56 PM
Quote from: mvargus on September 21, 2018, 12:03:20 PM

Thanks for report. It's unintended bug that LF races are chosen in FarmAnimalsWanderingIn event, which known from before. About flammelia voices, it was adjusted from before, but I feel that I am still a bit too big and often. I'll re-adjust it at the next update to reducing volume and inserting dummy voice for 50% frequency. You can also makes them silent immediately by removing "Pawn_(race name)_Domestic_Vox.xml" and "<soundWounded>... ~ ...</soundAngry>" of  "Race_(race name).xml".

Them joining was a bug?  Aw, but they have saved so many of my colonists with their rapid rushes to take on manhunting animals and raiders.  I doubt my colony would be thriving without them. 

mvargus

Hey Igni, as I said, I like this overall, but you definitely need to clean up some things.

In another game (my flammella adventure was swept off the map by a tsunami of manhunting cheetah) I ended up getting the farm animals join and gained 3 foxia.  After I while I observed a few things about these cute girls.

1) they produce their food far too quickly.  It seemed there was a new fortune cookie every day.  Perhaps stretch this to one every 3-4 days.

2) they produce an amazing amount of wool and while its not angora rabbit level of value, its fairly good.  You might want to reduce the yield a bit, these girls aren't as big as an alpaca.  (as an example those same angora rabbits only produce 10 wool every grooming.)

3) the wool may have an error on its values.  If you want it to produce a cooling effect the "cold resistance" may need to be -30C not 30C.  I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe the way its set now it would actually make the lowest comfortable temperature 30C higher than not wearing the clothing.  (I didn't test this, just noticed the values, so far I've only made bedrolls out of the wool.)

4) the foxia don't have an eat speed % or apparently any appetite for food.  It took me a while, but I finally noticed that they never actually ate anything.  You do need food for training, but they don't eat otherwise.

All little things, but they did surprise me.  You might need to talk to one of the modders who have created animal mods to find out how to fix a few of these.

IGNI

@mvargus
Thanks your opinion. I'll answer several questions in Japanese since it's difficult to write in English, so please use the Google translation.

1) I'm considering as well. Food production interval will be adjusted on the later update.

2) 私はアンゴラウサギMODを導入した事がないので詳しい事はよく判らないが、RimWorldのウサギは体格が0.2、つまり14kgもの体重を持つ、ヒトに致命傷を与える事すら出来るウサギである。本来なら20の毛を産出するのが妥当ではないだろうか?しかもこれらは繁殖できる。
話が逸れたが、つまるところ私が申し上げたいのは"あまりリアルさを求め過ぎても面白くなくなる"という事だ。加えて私のようなライトユーザにとって、ゲーム内の1年というのは非常に長い。私はユーザの毎日のプレイに"目立つ変化"を提供したい。だからこそ設定された値であるという点はご理解いただきたい。もちろん、私にはこのバランスがコアなユーザにも適切だという考えは微塵もない。今後のアップデートで若干の調整を行う可能性はある。

3) Cold insulation value had changed negative to positive on the B19 update. You can confirm it by looking at the Core files.

4) 彼女らの空腹率は意図的に低く設定している。体格に見合った食事量に近づけることも視野には入れているが、彼女たちが少食であるという点は崩すつもりはない。

Additionally, my beast-humanoid animals will be never joined in the self-tame events on the next update, so the points you feel strange will be a little alleviated.

mvargus

IGNI,

thank you for the answers.  I was nice to see that you are putting thought into the updates and the creatures you are generating.

Admittedly I am a fairly heavy user of the game, so your comments about wanting this mod to please more casual players made sense to me.  I used the angora rabbit v foxia wool generation comparison because it was one of the easier ones for me to remember.  The Angora rabbits appear in one of the more expansive animal mods, and I often say they are Yorkshire terriers that also produce one of the best wools in the game.  Of course, its a very small amount since each rabbit only produces 15 wool every 10 days or so, but they do breed rapidly so having a dozen all producing wool is not hard to manage.   

I guess a lot of my concern is partly based on my being a fairly dedicated player.  I have always tried to avoid mods that unbalance the game too much.  I don't mind gaining a slight advantage or even a slight disadvantage like you get with Dubs Bad Hygiene, but I've always avoided the Glitterworld mod because it can make the end game too easy.  The creatures of Lost Forest are extremely useful and powerful which makes me a bit hesitant to use them. 

it is your mod, and you should make it as you want.  I'm just hoping we can find a middle ground where they help enough to please a player with your style of play, but won't be so helpful as to disrupt the play of those who like a challenge when they play.

IGNI

@mvargus
あなたの仰るとおり、次回の更新を行った後でもこのMODがコアなユーザにとってちょうどいいバランスになるとは言い難いでしょう。このままどちらか一方のユーザ向けに修正を繰り返しても、どちらにとっても中途半端なバランスになってしまうと思う。したがって、現状開発リソースに余裕が無いためすぐは対応できませんが、私は今後コアなユーザに対しては別途ハードコア版を作るという形で対応するつもりです。

Thanks for your playing, and constructive opinions.

AwesomeMcAwesome

All of them has "errorname" as names when they're named or when traders sell them

IGNI

@AwesomeMcAwesome

That bug is not taking place in vanilla.

monkmith

sheared a Dragonia and it dropped something called a dragonia's wisdom, says it is for some research.  how do you go about using it?  or is it just for selling?

Frosty Water

Such an amazing mod one of my fav add ons

Great work.

zizard

Superb mod. So cute. Love the death sounds.

nylem

@IGNI.

Thanks for this wonderful mod but can I ask why you are stopping work on this mod? I saw your announcement on steam. Very sad news indeed.

IGNI

@nylem

Thanks playing. Please rest assured. There is no intention to stop development at all. I only take a rest for a while. You can permanently use the latest version of v0.3.1 by downloading from this page until 6/14.
As far as the Steam side is concerned, I won't release new version until the notification system to users is completed. About Ludeon side, I'm going to update as usual because I think they will check premise of the each updates certainly on their downloading.