Do they use the armchair?

Started by Jan2607, September 21, 2018, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

I constructed armchairs in front of my flatscreen television, but for some reason my colonists seem to stand BEHIND the armchairs.
Are they actually using them and there is only a texture missing for using furnitures or won't they use armchairs in front of TVs?

[attachment deleted due to age]

zizard

check if their comfort is what it should be with the armchair

Shurp

Put the TV to the south and turn the chairs around that way the pawns will appear to be sitting in them.

(There is no "sitting" graphic for pawns.  Pawns always appear to be standing, and benefit from a chair on a tile no matter which way it faces)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

b0rsuk

I think it's actually designed to appear this way. Certain objects, like colonists or items, appear in front because they're more important. For example a jacket lying behind a tree will still appear on top of it, to make it easier to notice. Otherwise items would be obscured and occasionally missed just because Rimworld is a 2D game. It looks odd, but it's for your convenience.

jpinard

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 21, 2018, 09:32:24 PM
I constructed armchairs in front of my flatscreen television, but for some reason my colonists seem to stand BEHIND the armchairs.
Are they actually using them and there is only a texture missing for using furnitures or won't they use armchairs in front of TVs?

Never thought of setting up a movie theatre.  Good idea!

Canute

And the chair's don't even need to face the TV that the Pawn's use them to watch TV.
Mosttimes i combine them with other recreation object or table.
So they can eat and watch Rim Live News Network.

Jan2607

scorlew

My pawns love our mega-screen home theater set up.  2-4 at a time will be glued to the idiot box until recreation squirts out their ears.
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ