[1.0] Turn It On and Off

Started by Thom Blair III, September 22, 2018, 12:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thom Blair III

[1.0] Turn It On and Off v1.3

This makes many electrical machines use minimum possible power (1 watt) when not in use. In addition, many electrical machines from other mods should behave the same way.

Fully save compatible. Can be added or removed at any time. Please report any errors.

HugsLib is required.

Credits:
Thom Blair III (Idea for the mod & programming)
Fluffy (Programming)
Xen (Programming)
NubsPixel - RePower (B19)
Texel - RePower (A16)

Steam
Dropbox
Source code & files
Older versions and all my other Rimworld mods on Dropbox
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

ultra4

There was another mod similar (but added extra consumption when turned on).

Is it expandable to more stations from mods?

Thom Blair III

Quote from: ultra4 on September 22, 2018, 06:39:15 AM
There was another mod similar (but added extra consumption when turned on).
Yes, it's called RePower. This mod is only a minor tweaking of it, specifically NubsPixel's version of Texel's RePower A16 mod. I added links to those mods in the description for this mod.

QuoteIs it expandable to more stations from mods?
It is possible. The RePower mods did have support options for other mods. However, since I know nothing about how to program in C#, I had to rely on Xen to make a version that implements my ideas for power usage. If Xen gets inspired to work on the coding more, I'm sure it's possible.
I was surprised to read about Angkor Thom in Cambodia. I looked up what "Thom" means and it's "big" or "great", so my avatar icon is ធំ which is "Thom" in Khmer.

Thom Blair III

Updated so that any electrical machines from other mods will automatically only use power when in use.

ultra4

taking it for a spin right now

update: yep working with VGP mod, glass mod, dubs hygiene, Rah, dog said, all stations

Some "stations" won't turn off like "android printer" and droid fabricator" (android mod) and "organ vat" (from questionable ethics), but those are not real stations. So Great work

Just thought multi-analyzer and research bench would turn off but they don't

Thom Blair III

Quote from: ultra4 on September 22, 2018, 07:30:08 PM
Just thought multi-analyzer and research bench would turn off but they don't
Actually, I just updated this to version 1.1 which has bug fixes for:

• high tech research bench
  • multi analyzer
  • vitals monitor
  • TVs
  • deep drill
These should all work correctly now.

Thom Blair III

Updated to version 1.2
Reason: Bug Fix

Changed the minimum watts needed for machines from zero watts to 1 watt. 
The reason not to use zero as the minimum power usage for when a machine is not being used is because then, when a generator runs out of fuel, there is zero power available to machines. So, if we have set zero watts as the minimum requirement for a machine to run, then pawns will keep trying to use the machine again and again the entire time the generator is empty providing zero power. So, we set the minimum watts to use the machines at 1 watt. That way, when there is no fuel in a generator, pawns will not try to use the machines.

Thom Blair III

Modinstaller

Hi there

The long-range mineral scanner still drains 500W when nobody uses it

Thanks for your work !

Gwaheer

Another great mod what  should be in main game by default. Save a ton of micromanagement for me, thanks a lot!

+1 for long-range mineral scanner issue, still asking for full power when idle.

Ruisuki

can we set the passive power requirement ourselves? id like something in between 1w and vanilla

Thom Blair III

I'd love to do that, I just don't know how.