Ability to Remove Prisoners Eyes

Started by NachoToast, September 23, 2018, 04:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NachoToast

We can remove their lungs, heart and kidneys, why can't we take their eyeballs?
-NachoToast

vzoxz0

Because they're better cooked and eaten than sold. A delicacy.

Jackalvin

I love how this is a normal sounding question on this forum.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Toggle

Quote from: NachoToast on September 23, 2018, 04:41:44 AM

I'm no doctor but I'm assuming just replacing their eyeball with another humans living eyeball doesn't exactly work like organs.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Serenity

I used to be able to do that I think. I remember eyeballs being very profitable

vzoxz0

You might be remembering a mod, I don't recall being able to take people's eyes and giving them to other people in vanilla.

Serenity

AileTheAlien

NachoToast

We can harvest pawn's lungs, kidneys, hearts and livers, so why can we not harvest their eyes as well? I believe harvesting eyes should be a vanilla thing.
-NachoToast

vzoxz0

Shinzy

I merged the two topics together NachoToast!
a simple bump would have sufficed if you wanted to bring more attention to your suggestion ;D

asanbr

You can install bionic eyes. I think you can uninstall them too, so that would be a sort of workaround.

ManHuntingSquirrel

Ears and noses too,is very annoying to have a colonist losing his finger because some retard colonist insulted him for not having nose and ending in a fight.

That happened today and the colonist lost her finger because she was insulted for not having an eye by someone who had lost his eye too.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 25, 2018, 12:05:10 PM
Quote from: NachoToast on September 23, 2018, 04:41:44 AM

I'm no doctor but I'm assuming just replacing their eyeball with another humans living eyeball doesn't exactly work like organs.

Rimworld isn't realistic,you plant potatoes out of nothing because is more fun that searching seeds in the wild,i don't think realism is neccesary if unrealism is more fun and practical.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

derped

If we could replace their spines, I think it would be just as natural to remove their eyes too.
Just like I can see no reason why can't you replace their nose for example, or even their torso.

If I had to guess, I'd think that the reasoning behind that is to be able to have injuries what you can only heal with mech serums (otherwise they would be useless), but I think this is a bad approach.

I have 40+ colonists now, and I still haven't used a single serum yet, on the other hand I have bionic parts for most of the pawns.