Old Age And Cyborgs

Started by SYDWAD, September 21, 2018, 01:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SYDWAD

If you have a 80y/o colonist with bionic limbs, heart, spine, eyes and stomach what age related heath problems could kill them? besides getting dementia and wandering around occasionally will this person live forever?

vzoxz0

Carcinomas could occur I think. There's also liver damage, lung problems (asthma), diseases in general.

...or the 5 added raiders you'll get for pimping out your grandma with tech, now valued at something like 15 000 silver?

Limdood

frail?  i'm not sure if you can develop frail as a condition

Liver problems could also hit.

Lastly, i think immunity gain speed is tied to age, so at a certain point, they may die to routine diseases if that gain speed decay isn't capped

RimSol

Quote from: Limdood on September 21, 2018, 09:06:44 AM
frail?  i'm not sure if you can develop frail as a condition

Liver problems could also hit.

Lastly, i think immunity gain speed is tied to age, so at a certain point, they may die to routine diseases if that gain speed decay isn't capped

lol

SYDWAD

well i mean i thought it was obvious you could replace livers kiddies and lungs. And you can neutralize Frail with bionics and surpass it with astrotech. After looking around It looks like Dementia and brain chemical damage can occur and make them not very useful.

vzoxz0

Operations on lungs are very risky, you would have to save-scum to eliminate risk there I think.

SYDWAD

if your doctor is med-low level atleast "catastrophic failures" dont usually kill