Enemy Factions having no leader, unable to contact them for paying ransom

Started by Rocket_Raccoon, September 25, 2018, 04:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket_Raccoon

I have a problem with several enemy factions having no leader and due to that I am unable to contact them. However, the majority have a leader.
One of my most valuable colonist got kidnapped by one enemy group without leader and I can´t pay the ransom to get him back. Is there a way to get my colonist back or can i force the game to assign new leader to every faction so they are callable again?
Thanks in advance, really want him back :/

Canute

Basicly we can't do much.
Do you await that some modder "fix" these faction mods of someone else ?

You need to point that at out at the proper mod topic. So the mod auther maybe need to be aware of that issue and update his mod at a good way.

Rocket_Raccoon

Hello you again.
I don´t await a fix from a modder. I asked for answers regarding my question. I am not sure which mod causes this. Do you have an answer to my question regarding fixing/replacing missing faction leaders?
€: thought it would be better here than under support. B19 btw.

Canute

I am not a modder,
but that what i read from watching the topics, it is mosttimes a wrong or missing definition at the faction itself.
Like a bad upgrade to a new Rimworld version.

Mosttimes you can identify the mod very well, like the military faction from Chicken plucker mods, or custom race faction like Orassan (allready reported to have no leader).

Rocket_Raccoon

Hm, and any idea how to fix the problem(that is that i can´t pay ransom for my precious colonist/ I seemingly can´t get him back)? I need him back and i don´t have much ideas left.

Razuhl

Debug menu has an action "spawn world pawn" if that pawn still exists you can spawn him back in. It also has a destroy action to remove the ransom goods from your map.

As far as faction leader go, they are never regenerated. A new one is only spawned in reaction to events(old one dies or leaves the faction). You need to edit your savegame and set a faction leader manually(backup!) or have a modder thats able to add some sourcecode.

Rocket_Raccoon

Thanks for the answer! Will try out tomorrow after work i think, depending of how dead i am :D
Luckily i have saved just at the start of the raid before the colonist was taken, so if nothing works i can always proceed with the old save.
Though oc that would rob me of several ingame days etc
So, important lesson, don´t get your colonists getting kidnapped by factions without a leader  ::)
€: so far it is working. I got the kidnapped colonist back via spawn world pawn. No errors thus far, working on where he left and interacting with other colonists. Only thing reminding of the kidnapping is the note behind the name *kidnapped*