AI will always attack unfinished walls first

Started by publicuser, September 27, 2018, 07:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

publicuser

Set an array of unfinished walls and forbidden them out of your base entrance. When AI attack you, the unfinished items will attract most of them, if they don't find people or turrets. So you can make many strategys to ambush them.

This is illogical. Imagine, if you want to attack a base, will you attack construction site(unfinished item) first? It doesn't make sense.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Bobisme

If your base is surrounded by a giant wall and they see one piece not completed, they would go for that as the easiest target to get in,
Though as you say, just place unfinished walls in areas of no where and watch them think it's to their advantage, the game is basing their thought of the first one, hard to differentiate which is which.

you could tell the AI to go for 'the heart of the base' via path finding but then they walk through hell fire to get there, i can't see them doing much about it.. unless possibly every piece has, like, a threat meter attached, so they would know those walls are inconsequential.. alot of extra code i think

publicuser

Quote from: Bobisme on September 27, 2018, 11:56:15 AM
If your base is surrounded by a giant wall and they see one piece not completed, they would go for that as the easiest target to get in,
Though as you say, just place unfinished walls in areas of no where and watch them think it's to their advantage, the game is basing their thought of the first one, hard to differentiate which is which.

you could tell the AI to go for 'the heart of the base' via path finding but then they walk through hell fire to get there, i can't see them doing much about it.. unless possibly every piece has, like, a threat meter attached, so they would know those walls are inconsequential.. alot of extra code i think

I think even if AI choose attack objects randomly, it still better than attack unfinished items together. At least they can decentralize risk.

When one AI find people or threats, he can call support to come

viperwasp

Is it possible to make unfinished things take a lot more damage via enemy attack only or something like that? So they quickly move onto other targets? Or is that kind of what ends up happening anyhow as unfinished means lower HP anyhow. Like the unfinished targets are only short term decoys anyhow and by the time the pawn kills them it's already sort of to late? Logically I can see it both a good thing and a bad thing to go after unfinished objects.

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

publicuser

Another things in this case: AI attack unfinished walls frenzily

One AI throw grenade to the array (the logic is to destroy the array) while teammates attacking, and these guys not run away, still focus on their work. How persistent they are!!!

Tynan

It may be a bug.

The AI treats walls differently from other buildings, but this special "ignore" treatment may not be extending to unfinished wall frames.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

drunetovich

This extends to any unfinished item, AI finds them to be very attractive targets, they spend half of the time breaking unfinished traps on the base approach.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog