[B19] Enemies not able to move

Started by Dagda47, September 29, 2018, 09:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagda47

I installed a bunch of mods in my running savefile, which should not be making problems doing so.

Now when a Raid is coming e.g. Sappers, they spawn on the edge of the map, but can't move. Sometimes they are able to shoot when i engage them. If they are wounded they are not dying from bloodloss as if time is stopped.

For this following log i spawned a sapper raid via dev mode:
https://git.io/fxftA

The first exception (Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister) and "Mouse position stack is not empty." get posted when the raid message comes in. After resuming the game the rest of the log gets written.

If i start a new colony/game and repeat the procedure above, i can't reproduce the problem.

Canute

Since the new colony don't got these error, is there something at your old one that isn't at your new/test one ?
A quarry, or blueprints.
Since only Jade and Collier got the problem, does these enemy got some special traits or whatever ?
Most of your mod's are just QoL mods and can should be safe to disable for your current colony.
Just disable half of them (or less), check if you can load the colony and if the error still happen.
Maybe you can narrow the problem down to a mod.

Dagda47

Thanks for the reply.
The raiders don't have special traits and everyone of them are affected. I spawned only small raids.

The only modded entity placed are some fridges and a bill in tailor bench which i deleted for loading the save without mods except hugslib. For whatever reason i can't load the save without that one.

In this scenario the same thing happens:
https://git.io/fxf3m

I remember that i was in the unstable branch (Vanilla) for some time in the beginning of the safe (this week) before i devided to stay in B19 and get some mods. I don't know if that could broken something.

Canute

QuoteI remember that i was in the unstable branch (Vanilla) for some time in the beginning of the safe (this week) before i devided to stay in B19 and get some mods. I don't know if that could broken something.
As non-dev i don't know either.
I know many mod's don't work anymore at the unstable.

But after reading the 2. log i think there is something wrong with vanilla gameplay.
Maybe a similar problem that happen to many who played the unstable B19 before.
Delete the Config folder (access it over the Option "Saved data folder").
Maybe the hugslib folder too, which is located at that same area.

Delete Rimworld or at last Core folder, and reinstall it.
That should removed all remaining unstable file's/config's.

Dagda47

Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2018, 12:01:05 PM
Delete the Config folder (access it over the Option "Saved data folder").
Maybe the hugslib folder too, which is located at that same area.

Delete Rimworld or at last Core folder, and reinstall it.
That should removed all remaining unstable file's/config's.

I will try. Thanks!

Edit:
So i deleted the configs and reinstalled the game. Then i loaded the game completely without mods and spawned a raid. Here we go again:

https://pastebin.com/zX1HG4pQ

So probably i got my savefile corrupted?

Razuhl

Your save file probably does not have the faction property "avoidGridsSmart" saved for the faction in question. Make a backup of your save. Open the save, search for  "<allFactions>". Below that each "<li>...</li>" entry is one faction and it should start like this:

<leader>...</leader>
<avoidGridsSmart>

If avoidGridSmart is missing add this below leader:

<avoidGridsSmart>
   <keys />
   <values />
</avoidGridsSmart>

Dagda47

Quote from: Razuhl on September 29, 2018, 01:52:41 PM
Your save file probably does not have the faction property "avoidGridsSmart" saved for the faction in question. Make a backup of your save. Open the save, search for  "<allFactions>". Below that each "<li>...</li>" entry is one faction and it should start like this:

<leader>...</leader>
<avoidGridsSmart>

If avoidGridSmart is missing add this below leader:

<avoidGridsSmart>
   <keys />
   <values />
</avoidGridsSmart>

That was it. For reference originally there were these lines:                   
<leader>Thing_Human175</leader>
<avoidGridsSmart IsNull="True" />
<def>TribeRough</def>
<name>The Red Duck Barra</name>

Every faction was affected.

In the new test save i made, the correct lines were already there.

So any idea how i did this or how i can avoid this from happening?

Thank you!

Razuhl

You might have moved the save through versions. For example, that property doesn't exists in 1.0. Which means a save from 1.0 will yield that error if loaded in 0.19.

Dagda47

Thanks for the help.

I guess this thread can be closed.