Mod Profiles

Started by BasileusMaximos, September 29, 2018, 04:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasileusMaximos

Usually I play with the intention of making a colony that is a little slice of a Glitterworld with super-advanced technology. To this end, I play with a bunch of mods that add high tech stuff to the game and to other pawns.

However, now I've gotten the swankering to play low-tech Wild West themed game where all those high-tech mods would be inappropriate and I need to use mods that limit the technology level of the planet.

It would be nice if instead of going in manually and selecting the mods you want for one type of playthrough only to deselect them all when you want to do another type you could instead create profiles that will activate and deactivate the mods you want and don't want at a click of a button.

Serenity

AileTheAlien

I think even better than manually saving/loading lists of mods, would be a system for mods to declare dependencies. Right now, we can specify what version of the game they rely upon, but not other mods. A list of mods that a player enjoys could be implemented with the same system - under the hood / behind the user interface, just have it saved as a 'mod' that solely declares dependencies on other mods. Then we can kill two problems at once. :)