[1.0.2041] Cursor jumps after each keypress / scrollwheel event

Started by swni, September 30, 2018, 03:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swni

1.0.2041 (64-bit) on linux. (I'm unclear on the version numbers, is this "B19"?) No mods.

After every keydown, keyup, or scrollwheel event, the cursor position is regarded as if it is in the mirror flipped position (in the y-direction) on the screen. (So, if the cursor is near the bottom of the screen, it is treated as if it is near the top; the x-coordinate does not change.) After any mouse click or mouse movement, the cursor is restored to the correct position.

The graphical image of the cursor, which I believe is handled by the OS (which is why the cursor does not show up in my screenshots, making screenshots moot), does not move. However, tooltips jump around because of this, and which graphical item has its tooltip displayed also changes.

Since mouse clicking and moving restores normal behavior, the game is still very playable. The main problem is the visual artifacts of jumping tooltips when using keyboard shortcuts, and that scrolling the social window requires first putting the mouse in the "flipped" position. (The other scrollable panes cover most of the screen, so you don't really notice the problem.)

This bug did not show up in the previous version of Rimworld I played, which I believe was B17.

Jamestorn

Bump
Ive got the same issue when I pan around the map. I'm not sure if its a mirror across the x axis but it usually jumps up half the screen. This also causes me tracking down cargo pods and the like very hard as the game things my mouse jumps off the notification.

Also on linux didn't have the issue on my windows computer.