Looking for assistance. Skimpy Outfits mod.

Started by AcetheSuperVillain, September 30, 2018, 08:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcetheSuperVillain

I was thinking of making some skimpier outfits for Rimworld.  I'm an artist, so I can do the textures easily, but these xml files make my head spin. 

I'm thinking things like swimwear, tribal loincloths, ancient egyptian clothes, etc.   I'd like to do some kind of armored skimpy outfits so that colonists can have some protection and still be skimpy, like some fantasy barbarian half-armor or shields for tribal/medieval level or "barrier bikini" a bikini with a shield generator for spacers. 

If someone is willing to help out, it might be fun to have some mood effects and traits related to skimpiness.  Like I'm thinking, colonists have a preferred target skimpiness that they aim for, like someone who is unskimpy will try to wear as many layers of clothing as they can, while someone who likes skimpy will prefer to wear the bikinis and so on.  Normal colonists won't care, and nudists will get a partial mood boost in skimpy outfits.  This might be better as some kind of global stat or health condition, since if it's a trait it won't happen very often.  Colonists could also get mood buffs or debuffs by seeing people in skimpy outfits.  For example, if a guy sees a beautiful girl in a bikini, he gets a boost, a girl might get a lesser mood boost by seeing another girl, and anyone gets a debuff for seeing a staggeringly ugly person in skimpy outfits.  But this is deeper programming than I want to mess with on my own. 

Anyone interested? 

Swarx

meowmeow

I can offer my limited (and somewhat strange selection) of skills for this grand vision you hold. Though, I'm not sure if my ability will be helpful to you. I think what you need for most parts if XML. But my ability's more focused on the coding part, C# and more complex stuff.

For starter, you can hang around the discord and ask for some help/tutorial. It should be fairly easy learning XML

koni

I can do the XML part. I have a personal interest in the Egyptian clothing as it will fit in a mod I'm planning to do. Maybe we can profit from each other

AcetheSuperVillain

AcetheSuperVillain

Okay, so I put what I have in this Google Drive Folder:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sFd44ZDOg3KcVHmo0FTAv5g8V1Hk8DNp  I will update with more as the mood takes me. 

As of right now, I have bikini for female body; shendyt for thin, male and female; and a sailor moon outfit for female with a few sheer fabric options, which is maybe possibly going a little too far, but then people can run around naked already and you could theoretically wear something underneath, so it's all up to context, I guess.