Machining table and drug lab not working

Started by CucumberedPickle, October 27, 2018, 11:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CucumberedPickle

I'm playing on a save created in Alpha 17, then to Beta 18 and then straight to 1.0. Everything seems to work fine, except for whatever reason the machining table and drug lab. First, when switching to 1.0, all of their orders were erased, so that was annoying. But when you try and add orders, it doesn't work. The menu where all the the orders are are about 100 pixels lower. There's also some weird phantom order that has no text or anything except a dark lower priority button. When you try and click on the menu, the add bills button disappears. If you try and click on the 'i', the information thing comes up, but from the menu where all the bills end, its cutoff. All I see is its shadow. Sometimes it does add orders, but its not the order you clicked on. It's what it would've been if the menu was 100 pixels higher. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the benches, destroying them and rebuilding them, even fiddle with resolution things. It's just not working, and I believe it has something to do with the B18-1.0 change.
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

Canute

PicklesAreTasty,
could you please take a look at the sticky from this subforum ?
We need at last a logfile.

CucumberedPickle

It didn't generate one?
I followed the steps but did not find any sort of file.
I do have my save game, though I don't know how to attach it.
The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.

Canute

On each Rimworld start there will be allways a new logfile created.
So when you got a safegame, you have a logfile too.

The safegame mosttimes not help, when your installation got some errors.
QuoteThis forum has a 600kb limit for attachments, so the save file (which will have a .rws extension) will be too big to post as it is. But you might be able to attach it after zipping it with a utility such as WinRAR or 7zip. If it's still to big to attach then you can upload it to Google Drive / One Drive / Dropbox / Zippyshare (or other such cloud storage / file sharing service) and post the download link in your bug report.

Btw. the file attach isn't visible at the quick reply. you need to press Reply.

CucumberedPickle

Canute

Read the sticky of this subforum, it should explain where to find it.

CucumberedPickle

It's not much help, like at all. I looked in BOTH locations, looked in very subfolder and did not find a single file with even the word log in its name. I think it's safe to assume THERE IS NO LOG FILE.

CucumberedPickle

Quick question: does one need to fiddle around with developer mode and use the log thing on that to get the log file?

Canute

No a logfile allways get created on a Rimworld start.
Doesn't matter if you got developer mode on or off.

CucumberedPickle

Oh, so will it be in the files for Alpha 17?
That's when the savefile was created.
Bad news: I deleted Alpha 17.

Canute

No they will be stored at the location your current rimworld version like to want to store.
Normaly it is the same location like at the previously version too.

There is only a difference between steam and non steam version.
And maybe if you redirect the default working folders with command parameters.
But that's something you should know self, but i don't think that's happen in your case.

When you are using windows,
why you don't goto to your Rimworld installation,
open the Rimworld ..... data folder
look for Output_log.txt
and attach this to your answer (need to press Reply before you see attachment options at the forum).

CucumberedPickle

I did go in the data folder.
It's still not there.
In fact, I used used the search function on my entire hard drive and found nothing. There is not a single file called 'output_log.txt' on my computer at all.

Canute

I got an idea about the tables.
Just try to place new tables, you can use the dev tools God mode to place them without work/resources and check out if they are working.
If they are working you can destroy the old ones with the dev tool destroy.

I think i remember that was some issue with old tables carried over into newer releases.

But it is strange that you don't find any log files.
Without log file it is like you want repair a car without having the car.