the ludeon policy makes the game unplayable

Started by ikodan, September 30, 2018, 01:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorlew

Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

Alenerel

I dont understand how you can play 3k hours and call this game shit...

Idk whats wrong with your mod order but it usually works at any order (huglib always first), unless you have those totally game changing mods that modify the same thing. I have like 70 qol mods and none of them interfere with each other... Which told like this, its kinda sad that I have to have this many qol... And I really miss and need the Colonist Bar KF one, i think its the one I need the most cause it makes you see everything at first glance, isntead of having to click rotate your pawns to see wtf they want.

grrizo

Play it without mods. Or with fewer mods.
Problem solved.

You're overreacting, or being sarcastic.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

Kirby23590

The core game is playable even without mods, but it's not as bad in other games with their mod policies.

In my minecraft days before the aquatic update when i never heard of Rimworld. I was playing with a mod that i called essential in my eyes. It was the Smart moving mod & many other mods like buildcraft & forestry but however since the mods in minecraft are only in 1.2 or 1.11 and Smart moving wasn't updated for a long time unfortunely, i stopped playing minecraft for a while.

Though i came back Minecraft from time and time again for creative purposes, i haven't played it for hours unlike in Rimworld where i had 1048 hours played in that game, beating Terraria in my most played games in steam in records.

I have beaten Rimworld with two endings with building a spaceship in A17 & A14? And getting the Journey ending in B18.

I mostly play Rimworld for modding purposes & science for testing mods nowadays, went to play other games, however i do heavily return Rimworld from time to time and playing a regular scenario & playing it for hours until realizing it was 3 AM in the morning when i started playing it in 9 or 10 PM.

It's a shame that you left playing the game which is kind of sad. But unlike in other games with companies like *cough* *cough* Electronic Arts & Activision. *cough*  *cough* even Atari inc for ruining Rollercoaster Tycoon, I'm looking at you Take-Two Interactive for the GTA V incident.
I prefer Games like Stardew Valley & Rimworld along with Terraria being my favorite indie games in 2015 to 2018 in this years where they have mods created by people & a really creative bunch of communities that i like to be part of.

Maybe you should make up your mind now. I don't care about the newest Call of duty or Battlefield or Multiplayer Shooters in general, they mostly don't interest me, unlike Rimworld or any other game like Binding of Isaac.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ertxyz

Quote from: ikodan on September 30, 2018, 01:47:20 PM
the first problem of this game is that it is reasonably not worth playing without at least 150 mods

You started by stating a very subjective opinion as fact, thereby losing any credibility in the whole message (and making it sound arrogant and disrespectful as a bonus).

Quote from: ikodan on September 30, 2018, 05:32:39 PM
Why everyone here is a liar ? Strange fact.

Then you label disagreeing opinions as lies. No wonder the entities are scolding you...

Bozobub

Quote from: lowdegger on October 01, 2018, 07:48:32 AMOr take living dogs for a walk.

Seriously, go outside.
*snicker* Well done, sir or madam; a most wicked burn, indeed *florid bow*.  There's nothing quite like the smell of singed troll.

Thanks, belgord!

jpinard

Quote from: ikodan on September 30, 2018, 01:47:20 PM
Hello,

I played about 3000h to rimworld, the first problem of this game is that it is reasonably not worth playing without at least 150 mods, and that the system proposed by ludeon is catastrophic:.

If I wouldn't get banned I'd give you a real piece of my mind on your opening childish rant and what that says about you.
So to counter what you've said.  I personally have played this game for 400 hours with no mods and found it extremely fulfilling.  I now use some for variety which makes it even more fun.  I guess it's the difference between me living on planet Earth where I respect the hard work and talent of others, whereas you living on "Planet Selfish" where you expect Tynan to be your personal slave.

ie. get a life and don't be so pathetic.

corestandeven

Ive put 300 hours into the game, which i personally think is a lot. I have some gripes with the game (mainly that it is too slow paced and has features designed to drag out the game rather than enhance it), but i wouldnt have played for 300 hours if i thought the game was unplayable. So i cannot see how someone can say they have spent 3000 hours (125 days) on the game and hold this very negative view of it.

I also play with a what i see are a large number of mods. But I fail to see how mod compatibility when Ludeon updates and patches their game is their fault or, to be frank, even their problem. Yes, i find it annoying when a patch is released and one or more mods don't work for a few days, but that is the case with any game. Technically you could say it is the fault/problem of mod authors for not updating fast enough after an update, but given they create mods for free and you are paying them nothing for their hard work i think having such a opinion would be rather ungrateful. Also how are modders (or the developers for that matter) meant to cater for the 1000's of possible combinations of mods that players might have? No two players will have the same configuration of mods as we all have personal preferences. For example I do not like mods that add alien species, but some do. How they meant to know what mods to focus their attention on? Again, makes no sense.

I equally do not understand how the mod system is 'disgusting'. Yes the reordering of mods can sometimes be tricky but the interface is easy. Try modding Jagged Alliance 2 and then come back and say this game has a bad mod system...

Finally, i know of no game where the developer works directly with modders concerning the update/patching of their core game, and makes sure any update/patch will work with all the mods available. For example, because of mods i do not play unmodded Rome 2 Total War anymore, because i like the mechanics of the mod over the original. When Creative Assembly update/patch their game why should they spend their time, money and resources working with the mod authors to make sure it works? Similarly why should Ludeon developers have to consult the authors of mods because of a single customer, who has already got well over their money's worth by apparently sinking 125 days into it but still slates the game as 'unplayable'.

Unless the original poster wants to say what about the core game is 'unplayable' and what mods make the game playable i see no value to this thread and it probably should be closed.

Zombra

Great first (and presumably last) post.  This thread delivers.

Agent00Soul

Your delivery isn't the best.

But it is true the game is completely forgettable without a lot of mods.

Development was lazy in not including many of the better ones in the core product.

vzoxz0

QuoteBut it is true the game is completely forgettable without a lot of mods.

Untrue.

QuoteDevelopment was lazy in not including many of the better ones in the core product.

Untrue, and many of the "better ones" were integrated... Which version are you playing? Pirated a14?

Scavenger

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 13, 2018, 03:29:13 PM
QuoteBut it is true the game is completely forgettable without a lot of mods.

Untrue.

QuoteDevelopment was lazy in not including many of the better ones in the core product.

Untrue, and many of the "better ones" were integrated... Which version are you playing? Pirated a14?

Ya.. he straight-up integrated like the top 10 mods last big patch. And the game is extraordinary and unique in vanilla anyways.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

vzoxz0

I actually get the feeling Tynan and the developers are frequently reading over the "quick and easy" suggestions. I could have sworn we didn't have "power requirements" in the info prior to building or installing in b19. Too lazy to check.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Agent00Soul on October 13, 2018, 02:37:04 PM
But it is true the game is completely forgettable without a lot of mods.

What about the Thrumbos and the Mechanoid Centipedes & Scythers?

Are they not that recognizable to you?

It like saying and not knowing what an Deathclaw is from Fallout or the Wookies & the Imperial Stormtroopers from Star Wars...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

xion1088

I have 2K hours and I can say I don't agree, you can play this game without mods without any problem but I have to admit some stuff from mods can and should be added to base game, eg Trading Spot, Refugee Stats, AllowTool, Dismiss Trader, etc and about mod order, honestly I have had very few problems with mod order, maybe one time that I needed to put More Vanilla Turrets above other mod to prevent some error, other than that just the basic stuff like HugsLib, what I really hated is the removal of resources in quest maps, honestly it annoyed me a lot, thankfully there's a mod to revive that feature.