Version 1.0 is content-complete

Started by Tynan, October 01, 2018, 10:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zizard

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 09, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
To me, everything looks completely messed up that I have been abstaining from doing proper bug reports because I don't know how much seriousness is left in Ludeon Studios... I don't understand why I'm the only one in the forums commenting like this... Did everybody else already leave?

Most people only play to make stupid memes about people romancing themselves and ate without table. The developers know their audience well. It is more worth to spend time on the random meme generator.

Quote from: Alenerel on October 09, 2018, 02:53:27 PM
I think that this call for modders is useless right now... Maybe in A15 or before, if it was implemented then... It could have avoided problems. But now? What does it matter doing it just once more?

Obviously release $$$.

Alenerel

Quote from: zizard on October 09, 2018, 07:19:14 PM
I think that this call for modders is useless right now... Maybe in A15 or before, if it was implemented then... It could have avoided problems. But now? What does it matter doing it just once more?

Obviously release $$$.

How? People who buy it after release will never have a problem with mod version incompatibilities. Its the people who already paid who have this problem.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Alenerel on October 09, 2018, 11:34:36 PM

Obviously release $$$.

How? People who buy it after release will never have a problem with mod version incompatibilities. Its the people who already paid who have this problem.

If I was on the fence buying a game, waiting for it to be released, and then found out it had terrible mod intercompatibilities and everybody was mad, I just might go buy the next game on my list instead.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Scavenger

I think the new armor changes may make killing animals, thrombo in particular, too easy. They don't seem to negate damage much, and are easy to kill with bows.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

zizard

Quote from: Alenerel on October 09, 2018, 11:34:36 PM
Obviously release $$$.

What 5th said. So that when someone hears about the release and asks their friend who plays RW the reply is "it's great look at my base", rather than "I'm waiting for mods to update". Then they might forget about it.

Alenerel

Thing is they will hear incompatibilities about the beta,  in each release. After 1.0 I think there will be more or less 2-3 releases, and very far apart, that probably wont even break anything at all.

vzoxz0

I haven't had any of the problems these people are describing. Resources are plentiful, trade is much better than it ever was, missions are finally somewhat balanced and possible to go on, pathing is very improved...

I think these people whining are just people who have 40 mods installed. Vanilla RimWorld is the best it's ever been.

Scavenger

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 10, 2018, 07:09:18 AM
I haven't had any of the problems these people are describing. Resources are plentiful, trade is much better than it ever was, missions are finally somewhat balanced and possible to go on, pathing is very improved...

I think these people whining are just people who have 40 mods installed. Vanilla RimWorld is the best it's ever been.

Ya, not to mention he straight up built the top 10 mods right in to the game for 1.0 haha. Lot of QoL additions. But vanilla is still an incredible game! Making Caravans viable in particular is a huge thing.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Crow_T

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 10, 2018, 07:09:18 AM

I agree, if you have an income resource, be it art, drugs, furniture, or whatever, you can buy resources from traders. Beer for components and steel is a good deal to me.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

CthulhuTactical

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 09, 2018, 08:51:48 AM
To me, everything looks completely messed up that I have been abstaining from doing proper bug reports because I don't know how much seriousness is left in Ludeon Studios... I don't understand why I'm the only one in the forums commenting like this... Did everybody else already leave?

Most people only play to make stupid memes about people romancing themselves and ate without table. The developers know their audience well. It is more worth to spend time on the random meme generator.

r/rimworld is all about memes, much less about strategy or rimworld mechanics theorycrafting. Rimworld has quite a lot of mechanics which doesnt interact well with the game, or are either unfinished/unfilled/nonsensical. Its still unique since theres nothing like that in this genre[dwarf fortress has terrible graphics, that put off lot of people, factorio is basically logistics simulator, not survival simulator].

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: bbqftw on October 09, 2018, 03:17:11 PM

maybe you should learn to wealth control since spamming bionics recklessly is heavily punished in b19. Its possible that for highly damaged individuals its better to kick them from the colony, spend more than 10k wealth per colonist and you going to have problems.

Instead of spending resources on making useless/counterproductive bionics you can gift it to outlanders, spam caravan and soon you end up with overflowing plast

For fastest victory I am convinced that ship journey on standard 30% settings is the better option for all 4 starts. There are people winning in less than an year on merciless.

Thank you for your input, I shall remember your name from now on, there's few users here that show they know what they are saying and display expertise as well.

I expressed myself wrongly when I said "robocop" like, in the sense that they are all with simple prosthetics instead of bionics, I don't know if there is a RW lingo for that. So far non of my colonists have bionics yet and currently researching "Fabrication" as I write this reply, now I have 9 thrumbo horns stored but yet unable to sell.

While your proposed work around to kick and replace colonist "IS" an efficient method...to me...that also proves that Rim World is officially BROKEN. A game shall value and give higher score (although there is no point system) to players who manage to launch their "original" pawns.

Right now, it's: "-The way of achievements doesn't matter so long as we get it done.-". This is a terrible gameplay and a horrific concept. I shall kill, murder, burglar, steal, extortion, invade...and all this is valid...so long as I get rich/wealthy; for example. The game is showing us no value of the people we are to take care of, rim-GTA like maybe? I'm not saying that you yourself as a player or person are bad, I'm talking about the game "philosophy".

Who are the people winning in less than a year? Those are really worth listening to.

Scavenger

Lol Yoshida. You have done nothing but whine and complain for months since I joined, and I've seen Tynan warn you several times because of your behavior. I honestly don't know how you have not been banned yet. Or why you were still here, as all the complaining and whining implies you can't be having fun. Stop trolling and picking arguments with everybody and go play a game you like.

Yoshida Keiji

Oh...and by the way...kibble/penmican production makes the ingredients disappear and nothing gets produced.

vzoxz0

Quote[...] that also proves that Rim World is officially BROKEN. A game shall value and give higher score (although there is no point system) to players who manage to launch their "original" pawns.

You aren't making any sense. No one has ever said it would be more valuable to launch the originals. Maybe more satisfying, story-wise, but a colony that persists after the death of its founders is interesting, too -- especially if they get off the godforsaken rock that is RimWorld.

QuoteOh...and by the way...kibble/penmican production makes the ingredients disappear and nothing gets produced.

Untrue as of 1.0 unstable.

Yoshida Keiji

As a "story generator" game, the lack of resources solved by replacing personal isn't really gamy. It is again the same dilemma of lack of immersion. I personally imagine myself as part of the colony (a Rick Grimes or Mal Reynolds) and if the rule of the colony is: "Injured = out"... then who would dare to fight the raids? Also very cold social norm among the members. Mind you, I bury the fallen and in my current game I have 4 pawns buried. By the way, why Sarcophagus doesn't give mood buff anymore?

I find the death of founding members a normal storyline, and I see two ways. One natural death and on the other hand "Banishment"... Banishment as a work around of lack of resources doesn't sound gamy.

Second topic, run another test of pemmican with the latest build and now it works.