Version 1.0 is content-complete

Started by Tynan, October 01, 2018, 10:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brrainz

Quote from: Albion on October 06, 2018, 04:10:28 AM
I haven't looked through my entire code yet but apart from the translation stuff my mod is actually incompatible between version because the HiveUtility class was renamed to HivesUtility (or the other way around, I'm not on my PC right now). This change breaks my assembly file since I'm using the class in my code.

There are clever ways to get around this problem. For example the helper classes in Harmony that create dynamic delegates for methods. You can do a type lookup to find out if a certain class exists and create your method delegates from that or from the alternative class. Talk to me in the Harmony discord if you are interested.

vzoxz0

Tsunamy

Tynan, consider delaying 1.0 until you can put in multi-version support in for mods. It sounds like this is the best compromise possibly available.

It would invalidate this entire in-place update debate, and to be honest, it seems like a feature that SHOULD be in the first release version, because this change will change mod structure completely.

RemingtonRyder

I think that will have to wait until the next version. People playing modded RimWorld should know to switch to the beta 19 branch, back up their mods, and wait.

However as we discovered, mod compatibility between versions of RimWorld isn't as big a problem as it was thought.

matheryn

I know everyone is trying to play nice but seriously the early access then alpha then beta tags were all plastered over the games store page and the forums and websites along with the passage that updates would be frequent and game saves may end up not working upon updating or if a new version comes out...if people can not read this and realise what it means then they should really go get glasses because they have absolutely no reason to winge about it. WE all know that there is a potential for our save games to break yet we play it no matter what and if they break when an update happens then we just start again O R we just sit and wait for 1.0

I can understand that people invest a lot of time in there game and feel very passionate about it but at the end of the day we play rimworld because we love it so restarting isn't a problem because the majority of us would most likely restart if our save was to die from raiders or toxic fallout or even if we beat the game because this game has so much replayability so we can all enjoy it over and over.

So all those words wrapped up sums up to "saves die? no worries just start again" YAY

5thHorseman

Quote from: matheryn on October 08, 2018, 09:58:19 PM
I know everyone is trying to play nice but seriously the early access then alpha then beta tags were all plastered over the games store page and the forums and websites along with the passage that updates would be frequent and game saves may end up not working upon updating or if a new version comes out...if people can not read this and realise what it means then they should really go get glasses because they have absolutely no reason to winge about it. WE all know that there is a potential for our save games to break yet we play it no matter what and if they break when an update happens then we just start again O R we just sit and wait for 1.0

I can understand that people invest a lot of time in there game and feel very passionate about it but at the end of the day we play rimworld because we love it so restarting isn't a problem because the majority of us would most likely restart if our save was to die from raiders or toxic fallout or even if we beat the game because this game has so much replayability so we can all enjoy it over and over.

So all those words wrapped up sums up to "saves die? no worries just start again" YAY

I agree with you 100%. Anybody playing any Early Access game and getting bent out of shape for a corrupted save file for any reason should be treated with all the ire a community can muster.

However, you must remember that our livelihoods are not dependent on these people's reviews on Steam keeping others from buying the game, while Ludeon IS dependent on it. It is in their best interest to not break saves even though they said it might happen.

However AGAIN, I don't think broken saves between EA and 1.0 because of mods would be a big PR problem.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Yoshida Keiji

Appliances break but no notification letter, cannot prioritize usage of Components.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 09, 2018, 07:58:48 AM
Appliances break but no notification letter, cannot prioritize usage of Components.

The first was an intentional change, and the second I don't know about. Are you saying you frequently had enough stuff breaking down that you forbade some broken down things to instead fix others when low on components?
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

B@R5uk

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 09, 2018, 07:58:48 AM
I noticed this as well. This is no good, there should be a message. I prefer the one like meat rotting in the storage gives.

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: 5thHorseman on October 09, 2018, 08:04:44 AM

Are you saying you frequently had enough stuff breaking down that you forbade some broken down things to instead fix others when low on components?

Well...I don't know you but to me B19 & v1.0 has made RimWorld a resource scarce plus ultra-mega-hyper grinding game. You have very little components and at the same time absolutely everything requires components... even regular prosthetics...and all three flak armors...I don't understand why flak gear requires components...

Then even IED traps require double the shells compared to previous versions.

I am currently past day 200, and with 13 pawns, half of them are already Robocop like. I have 6 Thrumbo horns stored since forever but no exotic traders come to pick them up...and sell prices are 2/5... which makes profiting extremely hard...and I'm minimalistic and none greedy, I hardly spend money or build luxurious stuff.

In a Temperate Forest map, I already had a Toxic Fallout & 3 Cold Snaps, Mechanoids make limbs fly like winter levees and hardly had proper protection before the harder threats come in.

Pathfinding is still awful and tons of bugs are still unattended... I don't understand how version 1.0 can come out this month... either the entire community has already given up on Tynan or he ignores everybody else, as in all veteran/expert players/pro-testers...
The latest update is the Food priority setting...pets still eat my Fine Meals and zone restricting sucks, I don't understand why we cant get proper Home Freezers where meals are stored at a height pets won't reach...

Honestly, I'm just running a test game because I overlook the wiki content, but as a player I'm no longer interested in this game and you can see in my Steam account that I spend my gaming time in other titles already... By the way...in Civilization VI, there is a feature in which you can pair up units...a frequently requested feature for RW too for those who die on Predator Attacks...which is kinda prohibited by law in decency gaming...

I posted earlier than the LMG fires on two different sides of a wall...which is impossible in real life, even with 100 miss chance, you just cant shoot to the opposite side of a wall when aiming in a single direction...ufff I will never end with all the problems currently affecting the game...but somehow no change logs around that leaves everybody with insights completely baffled on how much Tynan actually cares for feedback... and I'm a 5.000+hs in game user...

Plasteel from disassembled mechaoids is 5 for the small ones and 10 for the bigger ones... I never ever had so little resources... Apparently Tynan was trying to make it harder for the "Never ship launch - eternal stay" players but... that resulted in paining the fast launch players instead.

To me, everything looks completely messed up that I have been abstaining from doing proper bug reports because I don't know how much seriousness is left in Ludeon Studios... I don't understand why I'm the only one in the forums commenting like this... Did everybody else already leave?

vzoxz0

There's zero issues with getting components in v1.0, what are you even talking about?

You can make them and you can trade them and you can mine them. What is the issue?

Alenerel

I think that this call for modders is useless right now... Maybe in A15 or before, if it was implemented then... It could have avoided problems. But now? What does it matter doing it just once more?

CthulhuTactical

Content complete, well yeah maybe, but there's still lot of QoL and bugfixing around[like refuel passive cooler, take from specified stockpile option, and many many more]. Although as far as content complete, the game without mods is quite shallow, so keeping the good mod support is vital for this game being able to deliver pleasant experience.

bbqftw

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 09, 2018, 08:51:48 AM

Are you saying you frequently had enough stuff breaking down that you forbade some broken down things to instead fix others when low on components?

Well...I don't know you but to me B19 & v1.0 has made RimWorld a resource scarce plus ultra-mega-hyper grinding game. You have very little components and at the same time absolutely everything requires components... even regular prosthetics...and all three flak armors...I don't understand why flak gear requires components...

I am currently past day 200, and with 13 pawns, half of them are already Robocop like. I have 6 Thrumbo horns stored since forever but no exotic traders come to pick them up...and sell prices are 2/5... which makes profiting extremely hard...and I'm minimalistic and none greedy, I hardly spend money or build luxurious stuff.

In a Temperate Forest map, I already had a Toxic Fallout & 3 Cold Snaps, Mechanoids make limbs fly like winter levees and hardly had proper protection before the harder threats come in.

Pathfinding is still awful and tons of bugs are still unattended... I don't understand how version 1.0 can come out this month... either the entire community has already given up on Tynan or he ignores everybody else, as in all veteran/expert players/pro-testers...
The latest update is the Food priority setting...pets still eat my Fine Meals and zone restricting sucks, I don't understand why we cant get proper Home Freezers where meals are stored at a height pets won't reach...

Honestly, I'm just running a test game because I overlook the wiki content, but as a player I'm no longer interested in this game and you can see in my Steam account that I spend my gaming time in other titles already... By the way...in Civilization VI, there is a feature in which you can pair up units...a frequently requested feature for RW too for those who die on Predator Attacks...which is kinda prohibited by law in decency gaming...

I posted earlier than the LMG fires on two different sides of a wall...which is impossible in real life, even with 100 miss chance, you just cant shoot to the opposite side of a wall when aiming in a single direction...ufff I will never end with all the problems currently affecting the game...but somehow no change logs around that leaves everybody with insights completely baffled on how much Tynan actually cares for feedback... and I'm a 5.000+hs in game user...

Plasteel from disassembled mechaoids is 5 for the small ones and 10 for the bigger ones... I never ever had so little resources... Apparently Tynan was trying to make it harder for the "Never ship launch - eternal stay" players but... that resulted in paining the fast launch players instead.

To me, everything looks completely messed up that I have been abstaining from doing proper bug reports because I don't know how much seriousness is left in Ludeon Studios... I don't understand why I'm the only one in the forums commenting like this... Did everybody else already leave?

maybe you should learn to wealth control since spamming bionics recklessly is heavily punished in b19. Its possible that for highly damaged individuals its better to kick them from the colony, spend more than 10k wealth per colonist and you going to have problems.

Instead of spending resources on making useless/counterproductive bionics you can gift it to outlanders, spam caravan and soon you end up with overflowing plast

For fastest victory I am convinced that ship journey on standard 30% settings is the better option for all 4 starts. There are people winning in less than an year on merciless.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on October 09, 2018, 08:51:48 AM

But, amusingly, no components anymore.

I actually don't have a TON of problems with resources. Of course you need to get them and need to get a lot of them but that's part of the game. It'd be like complaining that your colonists get mood breaks. Of course people also complain about that but I find that funny too.

If you make sure you only make what you need - and with the super high-end stuff like marine armor and bionics sometimes just do without - then yes, you can get by on the number of components you make, dig up, and trade for.

In the end game I frequently empty every caravan and trade ship of every component, advanced component, and piece of plasteel they sell. I sometimes buy their steel as well. I pay for it with art, leather, drugs, clothing, and guns I take off the raiders who die in my kill zones. I don't think this is odd or "gamey" I think it's part of the normal progression of the game.