Animal Training Not Occurring

Started by BubbasanPrime, October 02, 2018, 12:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbasanPrime

I have the latest version (1.0.2044) without any mods.  Since it was added (yesterday?), animal training does not occur.  I even started a new game to test it.  I have my guy assigned to training, they have a 6 in Animal, they go through the animations of training the starting husky I got, and they even gain experience for training.  However, no white popup failure/success message occurs and the training levels never change.

Edit:  Clarified no mods.

Edit 2:  Added version.

rinin

Same with animal taming. 15-16 level handler, more than 10 attempts on 4-6 elephants.
Сhance to fail all of them should be around 0.75^50=0.0000566%

And yes, no tooltip appear after attempt (small text with result and chance of succes)

Edited:
Version 1.0.2044 64bit still here, not sure it was first version with this bug.

Canute

Please allways include your build number, so the devs can compare it, "latest version" isn't very accurate when there are daily patches.

Jacuza

version 1.0.2044, same bug too here

BubbasanPrime

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2018, 02:34:00 AM
Please allways include your build number, so the devs can compare it, "latest version" isn't very accurate when there are daily patches.

Thanks for the tip, done in OP with an edit.

Teleblaster18

I'm experiencing the same bug;  this is as of the latest build (2044) - Vanilla, but I believe it was happening during the previous build as well, if not before.

In my case:  a Level 17 trainer is given a force-command to train a Warg;  the trainer will retrieve raw meat, and then will never initiate the training attempt, but move on to train a different animal.

When given a second force-train command after the trainer has retrieved the meat, the trainer will initiate a training attempt, but no status "Trained 3/5 x chance" message appears, and no change in the animal's trained status will occur.  The system will then prevent another training attempt for the same animal, displaying "Cannot train/animal interacted with too recently"

Edit:

I just set all my colonists to train, and the failure to train is apparently happening with all of my animals at the moment.

Denjanjeau

I am not sure how to see what build it is. But I also have this problem. Pawns aproach animals to tame them, but dont.

I am using autoupdate at unstable version and no mods.

Edit: Version 1.0 2044 (64 bit)

Jacuza

Tried the newest update, 1.0.2045, still doesn't fix the bug. I attached a picture, the line in the red box doesn't occur at all in the new patch, which makes the training of animals impossible.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Serenity

I had one game recently where they didn't perform maintenance training by themselves, so all my animals returned to being wild. But I chalked that up to mods, did some tests and haven't seen it since

Jacuza

https://gfycat.com/FastBiodegradableChipmunk

Sorry for the low quality, but as you can see, the pawn is doing the training, but no success or fail prompted at the end of it.

Kyr

Same for me, I was streaming tonight so it's see there :
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317911029
All muffalos to wild and dogs forgetting how to release and rescue (but not the hauling ?)

kroupajz

Yep, training and taming do not work properly for me either.

(Up-to-date unstable + mods)

Teleblaster18

Update: the issue still seems to be happening with v.2045 . 

BubbasanPrime

Quote from: Teleblaster18 on October 04, 2018, 06:45:38 PM
Update: the issue still seems to be happening with v.2045 .

I can confirm that as well. 

Strawcave

Just adding on here - having the same issue with the newest build 1.0.2045. Both taming and training actions complete the three animation things with the bubbles but then nothing happens at the end.