Object is not deep-saved?

Started by CthulhuTactical, October 02, 2018, 01:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CthulhuTactical

Object with load ID Thing_Human880 is referenced (xml node name: li) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.DebugLoadIDsSavingErrorsChecker:CheckForErrorsAndClear()
Verse.ScribeSaver:FinalizeSaving()
Verse.SafeSaver:DoSave(String, String, Action)
Verse.SafeSaver:Save(String, String, Action)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:SaveGame(String)
RimWorld.Autosaver:DoAutosave()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

What does this mean, and which mod can be possible for this error?

Holothurin

I'm getting similar errors for Pawns and Apparel both modded and non-modded. Since i've lost quite a few savegames to just such loading errors already i'm kinda nervous now.

Razuhl

Meaning:

If a colonist is referenced in an "art" story that story must save the reference. The story does not want to save the entire colonists data, therefore it saves only a unique identifier - which is the load ID. With that load ID the colonist gets connected to the story when loading. If the colonist is removed from the game but the art isn't, then such a message will show up during saving and something similar during loading.

Responsibility:

For that you would have to search through your save file and check on all occurrences of the mentioned load ID. It matters in which object the references are lingering(even though it throws a warning it should be written during a save). Maybe a mod isn't properly monitoring the game and misses the removal of an object, a mod is deleting references without properly triggering the monitors or a mod is moving the missing object into a storage that no longer saves the references.

If you have old saves of the same game it could be useful if you find the load ID in them on the actual pawn. Then you would see who it was that is missing and maybe remember something about him.