Who is epic excited for the game releasing today or tomorrow?

Started by thekillergreece, November 01, 2013, 05:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solemn

Quote from: DeltaV on November 01, 2013, 07:17:27 PM
Quote from: Dragula on November 01, 2013, 07:14:44 PM
Does the two week wait also count for user who payed with paypal? Since that does not go through paypal.
I think i know the answer but it never hurts to ask :)

A couple of us paypal-users asked this when he first announced the two-week thing, but yeah, to be fair to everyone we're all going to get it at the same time.

That said, this is an amazing game and I would be perfectly happy to wait however long it'll be.

Well buggerdy, bollocks and brimstone.  That's specifically why I purchased through paypal instead of kickstarter.
QuoteYou people.

SteveAdamo

Quote from: Solemn on November 01, 2013, 08:25:09 PM
Well buggerdy, bollocks and brimstone.  That's specifically why I purchased through paypal instead of kickstarter.

i know this wont lessen the disappointment, but trust me, the wait will be well worth it...  ;)

Kingmal

I was excited about it's release today or tomorrow until I was informed it wouldn't be released for two weeks.
Proud member of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation - First against the wall when the revolution comes!

Dragula

Is build 423 already let loose on the tester and youtubers or still being tested behind closed doors? Can't wait for videos

British

The page with the Paypal "orders" has it clear that it's a pre-order, and the Influencer Tier states that you'll get the pre-alpha in mid-november.

The wording may have changed as time went by, but Paypal was always a way for people to pledge for RimWorld when they couldn't on KickStarter.
Different methods, same effect.

Solemn

Quote from: SteveAdamo on November 01, 2013, 08:27:35 PM
i know this wont lessen the disappointment, but trust me, the wait will be well worth it...  ;)

But I have to put up with people with charming foreign accents playing the game terribly in Lets Play's 'til then!  I feel like a horrible person, screaming at folks mismanaging their micro and building horrible structures worse than a loudmouth hollering at a horror movie on the big screen!  Screaming at youtube all day isn't healthy for the diaphragm.
QuoteYou people.

Kingmal

Quote from: British on November 01, 2013, 08:33:09 PM
The page with the Paypal "orders" has it clear that it's a pre-order, and the Influencer Tier states that you'll get the pre-alpha in mid-november.

The wording may have changed as time went by, but Paypal was always a way for people to pledge for RimWorld when they couldn't on KickStarter.
Different methods, same effect.

Now I don't mean to start an argument, but from what I can see at the Kickstarter page, it states that you will get the Pre-Alpha as soon as the Kickstarter ends.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation - First against the wall when the revolution comes!

Solemn

Quote from: Kingmal on November 01, 2013, 08:38:20 PM

Now I don't mean to start an argument, but from what I can see at the Kickstarter page, it states that you will get the Pre-Alpha as soon as the Kickstarter ends.

I think that's more a case of terrible advertisement and wording on the gent's part.  He can't very well kick Kickstarter in the dick and get them to bypass all of their typical red tape.  However rewarding instant gratification might be, I don't believe it's going to come this go 'round.
QuoteYou people.

Kingmal

Quote from: Solemn on November 01, 2013, 08:43:49 PM
Quote from: Kingmal on November 01, 2013, 08:38:20 PM

I think that's more a case of terrible advertisement and wording on the gent's part.  He can't very well kick Kickstarter in the dick and get them to bypass all of their typical red tape.  However rewarding instant gratification might be, I don't believe it's going to come this go 'round.

I know. I'm completely fine with waiting, I just would have liked to know that beforehand.

Tynan

When I wrote the reward descriptions I didn't know Kickstarter would take so long to come back with info on the backers. And I couldn't change the reward description during the campaign.

I'm going to try to get the game out as early as possible, but I can't promise anything less than two weeks and change. Sorry everyone.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dragula

It's been on the forum a few times that the download would be available in mid-november. With that it's an easy guess that paypal users would also have to wait

Kingmal

Quote from: Tynan on November 01, 2013, 08:52:18 PM
When I wrote the reward descriptions I didn't know Kickstarter would take so long to come back with info on the backers. And I couldn't change the reward description during the campaign.

I'm going to try to get the game out as early as possible, but I can't promise anything less than two weeks and change. Sorry everyone.

Well that's good to know. I was only frustrated because it said that we'd get it right away, but it looks like no one has control over that.

Can't wait until it's released, it looks great!

Littica

It's not that big a deal, take the time you need Tynan but you have to admit with how popular kickstarters have become, they really should have improved the system by now lol

Hell a rather simple creator interface or that keeps updated with the pledger information but meh, cant be helped.

Anyway I think im looking forwards to seeing what you do wit the game in the future more than I am at getting my PS3 fixed lol so dont sweat the delay lol

thekillergreece

Lets just wait...Tynan take your time and continue your work on updates while Kickstarter bosses making the report of backers.. ;)

CustodianV131

Well Tynan's project is a bit special in that it actually has something to sent to people when the kickstarter ends. Most you don't see anything but updates for at least 6 months to up to two years so far for me :)

Even if it takes 3 weeks that's still a lot a faster: "Here's a first pre-alpha to play around with" then 95% of the other projects I backed.

Its just that all the LP's out there really make you want to try it for yourself. Which isn't a bad sign at all!
Gamers are young at heart and creative thinkers. Shall we play a game?