Who is epic excited for the game releasing today or tomorrow?

Started by thekillergreece, November 01, 2013, 05:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldberger

Too bad it does take more time to get the game that was "promised" earlier but it can't be helped so i have to keep preoccupied with other games until then :D Its just hard to wait for a game that looks so interesting and fun but patience is a virtue so i have to have that :)

Gaunt

Wow, so the Paypal Description has really changed in the last 10 days after i purchased. I purchased the 40$ Tier through Paypal as it was clearly stating that it would get me the Pre-Alpha directly after the Kickstarter ends, and no nonsense with 2 weeks of waiting for it! I really feel it somehow as a Scam if you change the description afterwards and kick the Paypal Backers (where the money goes instantly from my Account to your Account) into the Nuts!!!

Khellendros

Quote from: Gaunt on November 02, 2013, 09:49:21 AM
Wow, so the Paypal Description has really changed in the last 10 days after i purchased. I purchased the 40$ Tier through Paypal as it was clearly stating that it would get me the Pre-Alpha directly after the Kickstarter ends, and no nonsense with 2 weeks of waiting for it! I really feel it somehow as a Scam if you change the description afterwards and kick the Paypal Backers (where the money goes instantly from my Account to your Account) into the Nuts!!!

It's out of his hands as he didn't know it would take that long to get the info from Kickstarter as well. Try to be more understanding and patient instead of being THAT guy.

Greiger

He also said (or at least heavily implied) that the paypal backing is just another option for those who cannot go through kickstarter and that there are no differences between them.

If he did give it to paypal backers (myself included I might add) it would be unfair to the people who backed through kickstarter.

Unexpected stuff comes up, it's a fact of life.  He did not know that there was such a delay when all that stuff was written.

CrimsonFear

Gaunt

Quote from: CrimsonFear on November 02, 2013, 11:49:37 AM
So people who paid by PayPal will have to wait too?

It looks like, even though the Paypal Backers Money is already on his Account without any Chance to cheat it back, unlike the Kickstarter Backers may do...

AcDie

TripleZero

OMFG!!11 i MUZ WAIT 2 WEEKZ???!!!11 THIZ ISA SCAMM !!!11

/sarcasm

Kingmal

Quote from: TripleZero on November 02, 2013, 12:46:46 PM
OMFG!!11 i MUZ WAIT 2 WEEKZ???!!!11 THIZ ISA SCAMM !!!11

/sarcasm

It's pretty annoying, when you consider a lot of us paid the extra 10 dollars to get it as soon as the Kickstarter ended. I understand it's not Tynan's fault but it ticks me off to see all these "youtubers" who have the game, when those of us who paid real money have to wait. Have you paid real money for this game? Because it sounds like you haven't.
Proud member of Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation - First against the wall when the revolution comes!

Kingmal

Quote from: Gaunt on November 02, 2013, 09:49:21 AM

It is not his fault, and he won't give PayPal users the game early because people who used Kickstarter will get all up in arms. Not a scam, but I think a lot of people feel angry that we have to wait. We did pay extra to get the game early.

Sirius Cybernetics Corporation - First against the wall when the revolution comes!

Kingmal

Quote from: Gaunt on November 02, 2013, 12:02:57 PM
Quote from: CrimsonFear on November 02, 2013, 11:49:37 AM
So people who paid by PayPal will have to wait too?

It looks like, even though the Paypal Backers Money is already on his Account without any Chance to cheat it back, unlike the Kickstarter Backers may do...

Once again, Kickstarter backers would freak out if other people got it for the same price, but earlier, all because they chose a different payment method. Still, seeing as the game works, it's very annoying to have to wait for something I paid to get now.

TripleZero

Quote from: Kingmal on November 02, 2013, 01:13:41 PM
It's pretty annoying, when you consider a lot of us paid the extra 10 dollars to get it as soon as the Kickstarter ended. I understand it's not Tynan's fault but it ticks me off to see all these "youtubers" who have the game, when those of us who paid real money have to wait. Have you paid real money for this game? Because it sounds like you haven't.

As a matter of Fact, yes i have.

But i dont blame a one man developer if he has to delay it by 2 weeks. Yes he said it would be faster, so what? This is his first kickstarter project, he didnt know, he doesnt want to prefer the paypal people (i used paypal before you ask)

Everyone makes mistakes and you should be forgiving enough to sit back and wait for 2 lumpy weeks.

Kingmal

Quote from: TripleZero on November 02, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

As a matter of Fact, yes i have.

But i dont blame a one man developer if he has to delay it by 2 weeks. Yes he said it would be faster, so what? This is his first kickstarter project, he didnt know, he doesnt want to prefer the paypal people (i used paypal before you ask)

Everyone makes mistakes and you should be forgiving enough to sit back and wait for 2 lumpy weeks.

We understand it's not his fault but that doesn't mean we aren't angry. I paid 30 dollars, mainly because I would be getting the game within a day (I backed quite late in the kickstarter). Why wouldn't I be at least a little frustrated that I'm not getting something I was told I would be getting right away?

Before you start saying things about how patience is a virtue and delayed gratification I would like to remind you a lot of people only paid for the game because they thought they would be getting it on November 1st. I'm willing to wait 2 weeks, but not if I'm told I'll be getting it now.

Gaunt

We understand it's not his fault but that doesn't mean we aren't angry. I paid 30 dollars, mainly because I would be getting the game within a day (I backed quite late in the kickstarter). Why wouldn't I be at least a little frustrated that I'm not getting something I was told I would be getting right away?

Before you start saying things about how patience is a virtue and delayed gratification I would like to remind you a lot of people only paid for the game because they thought they would be getting it on November 1st. I'm willing to wait 2 weeks, but not if I'm told I'll be getting it now.

Thats exactly my Opinion, and yes seeing all these youtubers playing it while they paid nothing makes me really angry and frustrated!

Kingmal

Quote from: Gaunt on November 02, 2013, 01:30:45 PM

Thats exactly my Opinion, and yes seeing all these youtubers playing it while they paid nothing makes me really angry and frustrated!

A lot of them have around 100 subscribers. I paid 30 dollars, I've probably brought more revenue to Tynan than most of the youtubers have individually. I mean, I'd understand if the game was unplayable, but it was at a point where he was willing to release it. Surely there must be a way we can prove we bought the game with real money!