Crafting skill and stonecutting

Started by kidney killer, October 07, 2018, 05:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidney killer

I believed that cutting stones increases peons crafting skill. Got a nigh owl that has 1 in crafting, all he does all night is cut stones... but his crafting skill does not improve one bit.  ???

vzoxz0

5thHorseman

Quote from: kidney killer on October 07, 2018, 05:03:54 AM
I believed that cutting stones increases peons crafting skill.
You believed incorrectly.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Alenerel

Quote from: 5thHorseman on October 07, 2018, 07:56:19 AM
Quote from: kidney killer on October 07, 2018, 05:03:54 AM
I believed that cutting stones increases peons crafting skill.
You believed incorrectly.

He believed correctly, until it stopped being correct.

vzoxz0

Ignore 5thHorseman, he only has 400 hours. He is a noob.

Alenerel

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 07, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

My point was that stonecutting used to give exp.

Also I have 500 hours, so I rule this post.

AileTheAlien

Do you guys mean in the game? I was curious, and apparently I have 1118 hours. Fun game! ^^;

zizard

The problem could be that "stonecutting" sounds too skilled. It could be renamed to "rockchopping".

Adsixnine

5thHorseman

Quote from: vzoxz0 on October 07, 2018, 10:34:17 AM

This is why we need a "like" button on posts. :D

Also I can see why it was removed. Cutting stones into blocks does not take the fine skill required to do most other crafting jobs. Though it's sad you can spend all day doing it and get no benefit, other than the blocks of course.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Shurp

We could have a general "housekeeping" skillset that affects stonecutting, hauling, cleaning, and other manual chores that take pawns too much time.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

blerkz

I have a mod on workshop called "Skilled Stonecutting" that puts the XP back to where it was before it was removed.