[MOD] (Alpha 7) Machine Gun Nests

Started by Psyckosama, July 08, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

may have uploaded wrong version. I suggest you redownload and use this one.

Iwillbenicetou

Nice. Good to see my favorite mods updating.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Necrosin

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I was not a fan of the auto turrets after a couple blew up my generator  =P
DM: "You hear something up ahead in the mist."
Lacey: "I throw a stick at it."
DM: "At the Mist?"
Lacey: "Yes."
DM: 0_o

TrashMan

If it's a fixed gun it should have a a big accuracy boost. Otherwise, what's the point?

SyberSmoke

Have you considered some heavier options like say a 20mm or 30mm auto cannon.  Say a single shot weapon with say a .5-1 second aim/refire.  That way you get a nice pom pom pom effect.  Something that if it hit an enemy they are turned into a red mist with small chunks.

IceWing

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 09, 2014, 01:16:34 PM*ping*

I'm looking at this mod... and then I noted who is working on it...

What would you say if I asked how many machine gun nests it would take to remove a mechanoid from existence?  *grinning*

Psyckosama

Working on another expansion mod... which isn't exactly the same as this, but adds...

A heavy cannon that fires shells. And a heavy missile turret that fires rockets.

Jaxxa

Quote from: Psyckosama on October 06, 2014, 03:54:09 PM
Working on another expansion mod... which isn't exactly the same as this, but adds...

A heavy cannon that fires shells. And a heavy missile turret that fires rockets.

Are you talking about turrets that need to use ammunition each time they fire?
If so have you had a look at the turret ammo system in my Enhanced Defense mod?

Melonpanda

hello, i tried to download the mod but im getting an invaild path error. i tried opening it with windows explorer and winrar.

Alcyonna

Hi, i have the message "archive corrupted" after downloading the file.

Clibanarius

Because the forums are migrating to a new host. I, too, would like to have the mod downloadable right now, but it's happening all over the place. Just be patient.

Clibanarius

Since it's still not fixed, I'm presuming something bad happened to the file server-side. Could it be reposted and rehosted somewhere else, perchance? I know I'm not the only one who'd love to download the mod so we can use it right about now!

SpazMan777

I hope the author does not mind, however I've attached the copy of this mod that I had previously downloaded to this post.

In case this new uploaded version still doesn't work, here is a direct link to the file in my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57561275/MachineGunNests.zip.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Psyckosama

Quote from: SpazMan777 on October 11, 2014, 08:58:00 AM
I hope the author does not mind, however I've attached the copy of this mod that I had previously downloaded to this post.

In case this new uploaded version still doesn't work, here is a direct link to the file in my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57561275/MachineGunNests.zip.

Don't mind at all. Thanks for covering it. I'll get a new upload up tonight.

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 06, 2014, 11:46:13 PM
Are you talking about turrets that need to use ammunition each time they fire?

Yes. Though I'm open to suggestions on weapons systems. Right now I'm thinking an Arty and a direct fire weapon for each ammo type.

Also adding something in that makes it so the only way you can get mechanoid weapons for turrets is off dead mechanoids. Though on the bright side, it will also remove the individual research requirements and instead make it so there's just one that's basically "Mechanoid Remounting".

I'm probably going to have it ready early next week.

QuoteIf so have you had a look at the turret ammo system in my Enhanced Defense mod?

Halpo was kind enough to make some DLLs for me.