[MOD] (Alpha 7) Machine Gun Nests

Started by Psyckosama, July 08, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zagrom

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 14, 2014, 12:42:13 AM
If it doesn't explode then I think it'd be pretty rad, also it should take up only one square if you ask me, but well code is code.
Id also like to see these take up a 1x1 grid-space, and I think it it doable in the code. I don't know how, I havn't looked, but it should be doable.

anarky321

if someone wants me to upload the modded files i can, i just want the OP to be ok with it

the auto-rotation of the gun during idle is changed in another file, im still working on that part

TenSaidYes

If the mod maker is alright with it, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a modified version of the mod that makes it so that the turrets don't explode and all that.

Zagrom

Quote from: TenSaidYes on July 14, 2014, 09:39:34 AM

If the mod maker is alright with it, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a modified version of the mod that makes it so that the turrets don't explode and all that.

If thats all you want you can do it yourself in about 20 seconds, just open the xml file in notepad and remove this bit of code;
      <li>
        <compClass>CompExplosive</compClass>
        <explosiveRadius>3.9</explosiveRadius>
        <explosiveDamageType>Bomb</explosiveDamageType>
      </li>

Done.

Zack_Wester

Quote from: Zagrom on July 14, 2014, 09:47:09 AM
If thats all you want you can do it yourself in about 20 seconds, just open the xml file in notepad and remove this bit of code;
      <li>
        <compClass>CompExplosive</compClass>
        <explosiveRadius>3.9</explosiveRadius>
        <explosiveDamageType>Bomb</explosiveDamageType>
      </li>

Done.

two question
1? what happens if we change the  <explosiveRadius>3.9</explosiveRadius>
from 3.9 to say 0.5?

2? what happens if we change the <explosiveDamageType>Bomb</explosiveDamageType> from Bomb to Bullet?

anarky321

1) explosive radius anything will most likely kill the guy manning the gun

2) you can't change it to bullet its a destruction effect...it just doesn't work like that im not sure how to explain it better than that...you can just take the explosion effect out and it disintegrates into scrap metal when destroyed

TenSaidYes

Thanks to that little bit of code, I actually went in and made it so NONE of the turrets explode when destroyed... such a silly thing to have happen, honestly. It's clearly put in place to make the construction of an EFFECTIVE defensive line more difficult, not for any modicum of realism anyway.

Now I can focus on fending off the 8000 raiders who should be showing up in a day or two to exterminate my colony of six.

Psyckosama

Quote from: TenSaidYes on July 14, 2014, 09:39:34 AM

Easy to edit in as mentioned, and to be honest I find it as silly as you do... but I'm keeping it for now as a balance. Just one suggestion. Don't remove it from Mortars. Believe me, if you do you will die in your next siege.

Quote from: anarky321 on July 13, 2014, 01:44:46 AM
i think simple balancing fixes would be sniper rifles,

True...

Quotefixed sector of fire for the machine gun that can be flanked,

Outside my ability...

Quoteand grenades that can be lobbed over obstacles (should've been done from the start),

Hmmm... that might actually be possible now...

Quotei think in the end it would be much more immersive and you shouldn't need more than one person on a heavy machine gun and maybe 1 with an m16 for support and one medic/repairer, also positions like prone and crouch behind obstacles that would protect AI from getting shot up with the machine gun

Don't know how that would be done to be honest.

Quoteobviously keeping in mind the game is still in alpha stage many of those things may or may not still be included but most certainly will be modded in somehow regardless

Sounds good as part of a future general combat overhaul.

Quote from: Zagrom on July 14, 2014, 12:34:53 AM
I made a sprite for this is your interested

If it needs edits it can be done.

I like. I'm going to experiment with it. Thinking of having it so that there is a more advanced version that has a lower ROF with only a 3 round burst but with significantly higher range and damage...

The HEAVY Machine Gun!

BetaSpectre

Well since so many people don't like exploding guns make a "balanced" version and an unbalanced version.

Keep in mind that raiders can out number 15 colonists 15-30 to one.

I had 5 colonists fight 90 sieging raiders even with the guns I wouldn't be able to use them against those guys, if they rushed I'd still be in a pickle.

What really needs balance is a limit on raider attacks.

exploding turrets is still being exploited, probably for more detriment to balance than otherwise, cause one explosion can easily kill 90 raiders while 10 turrets that don't go boom can not.

I wonder if this mod will be implemented into the main game one day along with nuclear power xD.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Psyckosama

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 14, 2014, 04:36:48 PM
I wonder if this mod will be implemented into the main game one day along with nuclear power xD.

Well, all he has to do is ask and I'll give up any and all rights to the mod and its contents.

Psyckosama

Updated. The MG nest no longer has a cool down (which was a mistake on my part) which effectively doubles it Rate of Fire. I've also added Miniguns, Heavy Charge Blasters, and Inferno Cannon turrets... though the latter two need LOTS of power to function.

TenSaidYes

Quote from: Psyckosama on July 14, 2014, 08:25:08 PM
Updated. The MG nest no longer has a cool down (which was a mistake on my part) which effectively doubles it Rate of Fire. I've also added Miniguns, Heavy Charge Blasters, and Inferno Cannon turrets... though the latter two need LOTS of power to function.

Would it be terribly appropriate for me to confess my love to you? Yeah... probably...

Anyway, I'm gonna run and try these out RIGHT AWAY... away... away... away...

Psyckosama

Quote from: TenSaidYes on July 14, 2014, 08:40:54 PMWould it be terribly appropriate for me to confess my love to you? Yeah... probably...

It's all good. You'll get your official Fan Club membership card and Gimp Suit in the mail post haste.

;D

QuoteAnyway, I'm gonna run and try these out RIGHT AWAY... away... away... away...

Tell me how they work out for you. ^_^

TenSaidYes

So!

In a curious turn of events, the three colonists I had who were capable of putting out fires got KO'd in battle. So the raging fire caused by the queen of my little pirate band on her inferno cannon went completely unchecked. After the chaos was over and the tribal bastards had all been put in the ground, I realized that I had successfully managed to burn the entirety of my colony to the ground.

Apparently, one of the tribals had tried to flank us, or run away, or something... and he went right through town. Nyx never missed a beat, and blasted the cannon right into the side of City Hall, which in turn burned down the nuclear power plant, which in turn exploded and wiped out the solar farm next door. The fires, meanwhile, burned down ALL of the houses and killed all of my Incap'd colonists waiting for revival.

Mercifully, there was one building left standing. The survivors all met up at the Fort Vraxus Bar & Grill, where Nyx promptly molotoved the place and sent them all out in a blaze of glory.

Psyckosama

Inferno Cannons like all other weapons that cause fire are very very much a mixed bag...