Tactic Double Wrapped Walls

Started by kclace, October 04, 2018, 08:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

I've started building my walls at least two layers deep. I've found that this significantly affects the actions of enemies during raids by seriously slowing down the enemy's ability to breach your defenses. I've had several enemies just give up. I've also noticed that the enemies will split up, making them vulnerable to counter attack.

During a mechanoid assault, when a breach finally did occur after a two day siege, I was able to swarm and kill the sole mechanoid breacher then retreat to another room. Heal up, then repeat until all the mechanoids were dead.

b0rsuk

Additionally, a double ring of perimeter walls confuses the hell out of sappers. They tend to pick insignificant targets.

Yoshida Keiji

...and...extra additionally: you can even build "fake Colonies" and raiders won't be able to distinguish which is your real base from the false one.

corestandeven

Doubling up on walls helps with keeping the heat in too. Playing tundra map right now and was struggling to keep my base warm even though I had severa. heaters, a geothermal power plant, and airlocks when going outside. Doubled up on the wall around the base and now i can keep 21 degrees c in most rooms. And it protects as you say during raids.