[0.19.2009] Exceptions prevent trading away animals

Started by Phlamethrower, October 06, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phlamethrower

This is a Windows x64 build, using an un-modded save game that was upgraded from B18. Apart from some minor issues that occurred during the upgrade (windmills deconstructing, research being lost, etc.) the colony has been running fine for the past few weeks.

While playing today I tried to trade away some of my wargs to a passing trade ship. On clicking the "Accept" button the trade window remained on screen, and the trade appeared to be half-complete - I received my money but the wargs were still in my colony.

Later on in the same play session a war merchant visited the colony, so I tried trading away the wargs again - but the same thing happened. Attempting to gift the wargs to the merchants also fails.

I've uploaded a save game from the point where the war merchant is on the map, after the failed trading attempt: http://www.phlamethrower.co.uk/misc2/rimworld.zip

I've also included the output log from the full play session, and a shorter log from when I tried restarting the game and trading again. Reloading the game seemed to fix whatever was broken (the log contains a bunch of warnings about missing references), allowing me to gift away the wargs.

Unfortunately the fact that the game fixes itself on load means that I don't have a repro case. I did try starting a new game and using the debug tools to tame a bunch of animals and sell them via a trade beacon, but that worked fine. It's also fairly likely I've successfully traded other animals away via orbital trade and local trade since upgrading to B19, so it's not a general issue with the colony.

The save game I've uploaded is from before I reloaded, so at the least you should be able to see the same warnings I did when reloading it.

Tynan

The logs are interesting, this needs more investigation.

It does note that it detected something was bugged. It should at least fail more gracefully in this case.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Couldn't find any cause here, may be a 1 off thing or related to old maps or something. I'll close this and see if it comes up again. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog